Giants Training Camp

Acgott

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2017 at 5:28 PM, ny92jefferis said:

So what do you all think about our rookies as well as additions from free agency?

How far do we go with this roster?

OMG!!! I have another Giants fan now.

We go as far Eli and our health takes us, if he has another bad year we be lucky to make the playoffs 

I like the moves we made, nothing ground breaking but additions like Marshall and Engram will help Eli tremendously although as I do wish we went a little more defense 

2 hours ago, Acgott said:

OMG!!! I have another Giants fan now.

We go as far Eli and our health takes us, if he has another bad year we be lucky to make the playoffs 

I like the moves we made, nothing ground breaking but additions like Marshall and Engram will help Eli tremendously although as I do wish we went a little more defense 

I hear the knocks on Eli but I do attribute a lot of his problems to the offensive line and lack of a running game.  I'm nervous that they didn't address the o line issues well enough but we'll see how training camp / pre season looks with the new additions.  

I hear you on not going hard enough with defense, mainly the front 7, but I'm also optimistic about our youth at linebacker and will reserve judgement on how well the rookie plays at tackle.  Huge fan of the Marshall signing though, as you said it will help out our passing game to have another couple targets for Eli.

Really interested to see where the rookie running back fails into the depth chart.  Really like his skill set, he's no brandon jacobs but I still consider him a power runner, Giants need a reason for their opponents to pull those safeties closer in the box.

On 7/23/2017 at 8:28 PM, ny92jefferis said:

So what do you all think about our rookies as well as additions from free agency?

How far do we go with this roster?

There's honestly no excuses this season. We are as good as anyone on paper. We have a tough schedule but we have weapons everywhere. Limit the mistakes and this could be a very fun season.

As far as training camp goes, I'd love to see our running game working well. That would be a huge plus going into the regular season.

2 hours ago, GMENNATION said:

There's honestly no excuses this season. We are as good as anyone on paper. We have a tough schedule but we have weapons everywhere. Limit the mistakes and this could be a very fun season.

As far as training camp goes, I'd love to see our running game working well. That would be a huge plus going into the regular season.

Nation I completely agree with you on that "we're as good as anyone on paper" as well as having "weapons everywhere".  I still have some reservations about our offensive line and if we did enough to protect Eli and to create running lanes, but aside from those concerns I'm loving this roster that our GM and management has put together.  Really believe we've got a chance to push for another ring this year.  

Giants nailed this draft down with talent that fits the system in my opinion.

Posted below to see how copy and paste works with new formatting.

RD SEL # PLAYER POSITION SCHOOL
1 23 Evan Engram TE Mississippi
2 55 Dalvin Tomlinson DT Alabama
3 87 Davis Webb QB California
4 140 Wayne Gallman RB Clemson
5 167 Avery Moss DE Youngstown State
6 200 Adam Bisnowaty T Pittsburgh

We've got a tight end now, something Eli hasn't had in a few years and a position that when we have he's shown just how important it is.  Wayne Gallman, while not a Brandon Jacobs (god I miss that guy) can be that power back that has the potential to pull the defending safeties a little closer to the line.  All season long last year, their opponents did not fear our rushing game which imo really made it difficult for Manning.  Pre-draft I really though that Adam Bisnowaty would of been drafted earlier, somewhere in the 4th is where I had him so I'll definitely be keeping my eye on him during camp.

Defensively the team doesn't seem to have any glaring weakness.  Looking forward to seeing how well both rookies Tomlinson and Moss pan out.

On 7/26/2017 at 7:18 PM, MightyMouse07 said:

Is Paul Perkins going to be THE guy in the backfield this year? I was upset that the Giants took him last year. I really like him as a player and I think he is going to be a big pain in the rear for the Cowboys. 

He will have all the opportunities to be the guy. Lots of pressure on him, but he lose some snaps to Vereen and Gallman

1 hour ago, Acgott said:

He will have all the opportunities to be the guy. Lots of pressure on him, but he lose some snaps to Vereen and Gallman

For a couple weeks until he goes down. Crazy how often he's banged up. Such a good player too.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me or is this the least drama-filled camp we've had in a long time? And it's great! We are mostly healthy, have no major question marks except for the OL, and there just seems to be such a positive energy around this team right now. *knocks on wood*

I'm a little disappointed that no #4 corner has really separated himself thus far. It seems it'll be Michael Hunter by default right now.

Archived