Uh oh... Drama regarding Lynch

RaidersAreOne

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/marshawn-lynch-sits-national-anthem-preseason-game-article-1.3407235

Marshawn Lynch sits during the National Anthem prior to the Raiders' preseason game

raiders-cardinals-football.jpg

Marshawn Lynch, the ex-Seattle running back who came out of retirement to sign with Oakland, sat during the national anthem before the Raiders’ preseason opener against the Arizona Cardinals on Saturday night.

Lynch rarely talks to the media but has voiced his support for quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s season-long decision to kneel during the anthem to draw attention to what he saw as incidents of police brutality against people of color.

Okay boys, what do you make of this? Obviously keeping this as clean for the forum as possible. We all know how the Kaep situation has played out and now we have this to worry about to. This is going to bring a lot of negative attention towards Lynch AND our team. Is this going to be a major distraction? Will this negatively effect on the season?

Considering that Lynch never talks to the media, it'll just be the silent treatment vs what the media says every week. Kaep lending his voice to his actions every week created more awareness to what he was doing and why than what Lynch could possibly do IMO.

That being said, I wouldn't be doing my due diligence if I didn't remind everyone to stick to football, and remember to not talk politics  ;)

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/marshawn-lynch-sits-national-anthem-preseason-game-article-1.3407235

Marshawn Lynch sits during the National Anthem prior to the Raiders' preseason game

raiders-cardinals-football.jpg

Okay boys, what do you make of this? Obviously keeping this as clean for the forum as possible. We all know how the Kaep situation has played out and now we have this to worry about to. This is going to bring a lot of negative attention towards Lynch AND our team. Is this going to be a major distraction? Will this negatively effect on the season?

It's only a big deal if we make it one.

Pass

Colin looked to have given up on his team the season before. Lynch LOVES OAKLAND and the Raiders and won't give up on the team. Oakland LOVES Lynch and who he is. Honestly don't think it'll be a big deal at all, especially being he's only here a season or two at most. I'd rather have Colin as our back-up QB as I think he could win some games if Carr gets injured. EJ is a back-up and Conner looks like a 3rd stringer.

I understand those who'll not support Lynch. When I was a kid, I chose to sit during the anthem at an A's game. my friend's dad who brought me picked me up by my shirt and made me stand. People fought for the freedom for me to choose to sit and the dad's right to say 'not on my watch' LOL  So I respect both sides and know why I did what I did. Though I do 'test' things from time to time like face everyone in an elevator. LOL That's makes people NERVOUS even me inside as I did it.

This will NOT affect the team on the field and we've already got distractions as SB talk, Vegas move etc...We good.

Archived