GDT Preseason Week 1 Titans (0-0) @ Packers (0-0)

Titans fan 617

Depth in the secondary is a bit worrisome. Hope Burnett gets some more run at least with Gabbert next week. Not sure Falk is going to make it. I’ve always found arm strength to be an incredibly overrated attribute unless it’s spectacularly good or spectacularly bad. Falk may just fit on the wrong end of that spectrum.

Obviously keep giving him work, but that deep ball was pretty alarming.

If you get season tickets you get NFL RedZone and NFL Game Pass for free. Just buy season tickets and you can watch all the preseason games guys haha few observations:

-First Team looked awesome, rest of the team not so much

-Butler has me worried after reading how Pats fans said he played last year and getting burned in this game. Probably an overreaction though

-We are about to be real thin at safety

-Helmet rule is gonna ruin the game, absolutely hate it 

-Thank goodness football is back 

I’m not going to crap on Butler if the throw goes towards the middle of the field he probably bats it away it just became an uncoverable pass. Adams was covered then the ball tailed towards the side line just a bit and Adams made a nice play. I can tip my cap to them on that play. 

My thoughts about the game though it’s clear from the 1 drive Mariota played and the time Gabbert played that we will see a lot of screens this year. Also we will see a ton of play action and they will move the pocket with boot legs which is great to see. 

Its tough to take too much more from this game. 

The helmet rule will be very annoying this year. I hope they start calling some on the offensive guy’s too, there was a play where Hurst was flagged for it but the GB ball carrier clearly lowered his head too but GB ended up being flagged for something else on the play. 

I was glad to see Wadley get a lot of playing time. I know he fumbled which obviously hurts in the coaches eyes but he had a really nice catch on 4th down early in the game and then showed up on Special Teams late in the game. I’m just not a Fluellen fan even though he ran well on his few carries. To me Fluellen is a Henry type where Wadley is sort of in the middle of Henry and Lewis type which is why I want him to some how make this team.

Finch looked good he might push for a spot on the team 

I guess my last few takes from tonight and going forward are I still want to see more of Burnett. Hopefully he can play with Gabbert more vs Tampa. 

Lastly the depth after Sims and Kendrick Lewis in that secondary didn’t look good at all. Hurst looks slow. Reed had more good than bad. Gifford has speed but struggled a lot tonight. Hopefully this is a part of the roster we won’t have to see a ton of in the games hopefully we are a relatively healthy team this year and we don’t have to creep into the bottom of the roster often

I just hope this was preseason for refs too.  Some of the helmet to helmet calls were a little worrisome to me.  Not real impressed with our starting WR Mariota had to use his legs to sustain drives too much. Was hard to tell much about our D that one deep ball and the penalty’s lead to all the points given it seemed. I never really care about 3rd 4th qtr results 

Archived