GDT - Preseaon Week 1 - Patriots host DC

Deadpulse

Preseason Week 1  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What new addition are you most excited to see in action?

• Eric Decker
    • Corderelle Patterson
    • Adrian Clayborn
    • Jason McCourty
    • Danny Shelton
    • Braxton Berrios
    • Ja'Whaun Bentley
    • Danny Ettling
    • Trent Brown
    • Isiah Wynn
    • Duke Dawson
    • Jeremy Hill

On 8/6/2018 at 11:31 PM, Deadpulse said:

1. Eric Decker - how much run does he get? What is his timing like with Brady on such short notice. Will be actually pay dividends?

2. Adrian Clayborn - IMO the most underrated add of the off-season, I am excited to watch this guy stabilize the DL. Nothing more sexy than a DE who can set a crisp edge.

3. Which WR not named Decker will make his mark? Will it be Dorsett in the slot? Will the battle between Berrios and McCarron heat up with their battle making them both excell? Will Cordelle Patterson turn camp hype into actual game day production (IMO no way, but maybe Im a pessimist)?

4. Who opens the game across from Gilmore? What role will the other corners play?

5. Will Devin and Jason switch jerseys at any point during this game?

6. Whats up with this Ettling character?

7. Is Donta back, or is he a shell?

8. How about Julian? How much run will he get with the 1s considering he wont be there week 1?

9. How does that RB stable shake out thus far? 

10. Don't take your eyes of Jacob Hollister ;)

1 One streak pattern at the end of the second quarter

2 Looks ok

3 Devin Lucien

4 Eric Rowe

5 Jason McCourty who? Hasn't played to my knowledge. Not necessarily a bad thing. Devin didn't play either aside from maybe he first series.

6 No clue, no playing time

7 He's back and he's a little rusty but still the same stout run defender

8 Looks fast off the snap still, clearly the best wide out

9 Hill seems third behind Burkhead and White

10 Looks average. Same as last preseason unfortunately

On 8/7/2018 at 12:38 PM, Deadpulse said:

There is no clear binky this year. Unless your me and then its obvious. Who do you think breaks into that "role" of forum fav?

Cordarelle Patterson

On 8/7/2018 at 3:39 PM, IheartMyV8 said:

D line & secondary mostly, maybe some of the new receivers.  The D was such chaos last year that I'd like to see it make some significant headway.  

Derek Rivers and dline in general just looks better. More depth, a little more pressure

On 8/7/2018 at 5:31 PM, ChazStandard said:

Izzo seems the obvious choice to me, the name has Patriots fans affection already and he was the 250th pick.

Or I can see Trent Harris making a couple of sacks against a 4th string QB on a 3rd string LT late in the 4th quarter and immediately being pencilled in as the starting DE by the forum.

I liked what Izzo did tonight. Hollister appears clearly ahead but I won't rule out Izzo making the team somehow.

On 8/7/2018 at 9:40 PM, AlNFL19 said:

I voted for Cordarrelle because Christian Sam, who I would vote for, isn't on the poll. I'm excited to see Patterson's great kickoff return skills in action for the Pats.

Where is Sam? Have I missed him?

Just now, mission27 said:

I'm liking what I'm seeing from the O-Line

If that is improved this year could make up for loss of Dola and Cooks

I agree with you about the oline. Most preseasons it has looked dreadful but tight now it looks very strong.

Will Tye stepping up.

Archived