Football is back; Preseason Week One GDT

Kiwibrown

Preseason  

26 members have voted

1. 1. does Baker beat out Tyrod.

2. 2. Horny

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I know it's preseason but the reason I know we have a future Franchise QB is because Baker processes as well as I've seen. He honestly looks similar to Drew Brees how he goes trough his progressions, very cerebral. Makes really good decisions

Again, I only watched the first half but my hope was that he would look like Drew Brees at his best so I was a little disappointed (and delusional). He looked great for a rookie in his first game but made a couple bad decisions. Still Taylor's team from what I saw, I am okay with that all season but I am also okay with Baker looking like a stud out of the gate and a QB controversy being started amongst the fans.

My Take on Preseason Game 1

Offense:

WOW, This is a unit that is going to be exciting to watch. Long Sustained drives, accurate/safe QB play, fun WR corp. 

-QBS---- A-

This is your typical Browns status Quo. Tyrod had excellent control of our offense and made passes down the field. Love seeing him go for 5-5. And Baker looked great as well. Loved watching baker cycle his reads and keep his awareness towards his wrs as he moved out of the pocket. He seemed very relaxed and knew where and when to get rid of the ball. The only minor knock on him is he had a wide open WR in the seem and through the ball behind him instead of leading him so he can get YAC, but he made up for that with that nasty beautiful strike to callaway in stride in thick coverage. Amazing first start for a QB deprived team. 

-RBS --- D

This Run game for our offense (starters and backups) look putrid. I understand that lots to do with Oline but i will address that later. Im going to leave Hyde and Duke out of it and focus on chubb. Chubb looked extremely slow and hitting what little to no holes there where. He didnt seem powerful and just sluggish to me. Hoping its a rookie thing and a lack of run blocking Oline.

-WR--- B+

landry- Dude is a baller and a game changer! that back shoulder catch was so thrilling to see and his sure hands are a much needed welcome on a team that is known for the drops. John Dorsey earned every pay check he gets the second he stole this guy for us.. cant wait to see him with Gordon opposite of him. 

Higgins- Hollywood was Balling tonight and honestly reminded me of Landry alot. Sure hands, seemed like good routes and overall an exciting game for him. 

Callaway- Had a few drops which had me worrisome until i saw that side line catch. This dude needs to stay clean cause he can really spark this team! 

Njoku- Dude is a flat out beast. Huge, Fast, great hands. I can legit see this guy grabbing 10 TDs this year. I didnt catch him on his blocking plays but assuming how that running game was, id assume he needs work there.

-oline--- D

Only reason they dont get an F is how well the QBs played but to me the pass blocking was average and the run blocking was a complete joke. Bitonio and Tretter seemed like the only bright spots. Corbett i saw repeatedly getting blown off the ball and destroyed. Drango was equally as bad. Has me worried about how thin we are on that line. To think we could have had Will Hernandez or Cortland Sutton at that pick is rather sickening. 

Def- A

Loved it, every minute of it. I will talk about this group as a who as im getting tired and want to go to bed. Defensive line had constant pressure and a will to get into that QBs face. I can tell the days of watching our guys bounce off tackles is over. These guys like to hit and that mentality starts with Ward. That dude is viscous and pairing that toughness with his speed has me pumped. (just need to harness that taunt) Still confused as to who that second corner should be. I guess Gaines is alright but no one has really impressed me. I didnt notice if BBC was on the field tonight or not but i always wished he would step into that role. Linebackers looked solid. This defense might turn into a top 7-10 unit if the offense can keep them off the field which every indications shows they will. 

I have gone into every Browns season just like the rest of the idiots that chose this team to bleed with. pure optimism and excitement, even tho i was never confident in it. This team gives us real reason to be proud to love this team. 

im wayyyyyy to tired to proof read this so if excuse any grammar errors. 

Orchard is def getting cut this year. He does not get up the field. 

I thought Drango would hold down the fort at guard. I didnt watch much of the o-line but sounds like he didnt do well.

How did Shon Coleman look. Did he start at RT?

I still think Gregg Williams is a moron. Why draft and sign DBs if you are going to play them 10 yards off every play. 

3 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

I think we're having a translation issue. Are you suggesting Baker will produce a little lumber? If ya catch my drift...

BTW, that pimps and hoes talk earlier in the thread concerns me. What part of New Zealand are you from - South Central NZ? Are you rolling down the street, smoking Indo, sipping on gin and juice? Laid back? Is your mind on your money, and your money on your mind? 

Im never catching your drift.

If I had a half million dollars, id just need a half million more, and some over priced dress shorts to live South Central New Zealand which is probably the best place in the world or at least top 5 to live.  

we are an 8/10 country with 6/10 people. 

44 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Im never catching your drift.

If I had a half million dollars, id just need a half million more, and some over priced dress shorts to live South Central New Zealand which is probably the best place in the world or at least top 5 to live.  

we are an 8/10 country with 6/10 people. 

Maybe it's good you don't catch my drift. But, lumber is another way of saying wood. Produce wood? Pop Yee old tent...?

So does Peter Jackson live in South Central NZ? BTW, I have a script I need you to take to him. He doesn't seem to be returning my calls. Now I know how Dorsey feels not getting calls returned from Dez.

9 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

Maybe it's good you don't catch my drift. But, lumber is another way of saying wood. Produce wood? Pop Yee old tent...?

So does Peter Jackson live in South Central NZ? BTW, I have a script I need you to take to him. He doesn't seem to be returning my calls. Now I know how Dorsey feels not getting calls returned from Dez.

Oh got ya. Yes. 

No problem, we are related.

8 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

Lol is Harrison even making the team.

Why is his name brought up so much in this forum?

The new Kai Nacua lmao

Yeah I don’t know why either. They were drooling over. 6’6 285 atheltic freak of a tackle. On paper he is sexy but he has a lot of issues and the biggest is his weight

great break down of his first TD. 

When I first saw it live, I thought it was a pretty risky throw but when you get the behind Baker view and you see him throw the ball high to Njoku to make it very hard for a defender to go after, you realize it was actually a pretty nice throw by him. Njoku and Higgins impressed me the most out of our pass catchers. If Njoku can do those kind of things all season long, Landry is gonna be doing a lot of blessings underneath Njoku and the safeties. 

Also Landry looked great as an outside WR last night lol nice 18yards a catch yesterday 

can we just call the giants receive the skeptics that say he can’t play physical or lay the wood because of his size. 

I know a lot of us on here don’t think that but have seen it said about him. 

Love the attitude he plays with. 

Another great pass by baker. Put it where his WR could only make the catch

i know at the moment, there were questions about giving up on Coleman for infavor of Higgins. Not gonna lie, he has looked really good in practice and it carried over into the game. Hopefully it carries over into the season

29 minutes ago, buno67 said:

can we just call the giants receive the skeptics that say he can’t play physical or lay the wood because of his size. 

I know a lot of us on here don’t think that but have seen it said about him. 

Love the attitude he plays with. 

This is what happens when the Browns draft someone. There is no world in which Ward could not "hit stick" guys in college. He is an incredibly physical corner. But the talking heads love to invent issues.

20 minutes ago, jking948 said:

This is what happens when the Browns draft someone. There is no world in which Ward could not "hit stick" guys in college. He is an incredibly physical corner. But the talking heads love to invent issues.

No, it was talked about before the browns drafted him. It became a talking point after the combine when his official height and weight was released. When he wasn’t the prototypical size ppl think your top tier corner should have like a Peterson, they doubt your ability to be physical or to hit and tackle. I’m glad to see his hit stick wasn’t just a college thing. 

Archived