FOOTBALL IS BACK - Preseason Week 1: Jacksonville Jaguars @ New Orleans Saints

.Buzz

50 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

Safe to say Tanner' s college coach who is now in Jaguars staff should no longer be allowed to give evaluations or recommendations

Pretty obvious by watching him in college he was awful. Not sure what the thought process was there.

5 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Pretty obvious by watching him in college he was awful. Not sure what the thought process was there.

After all the preseason drama last year, seeing Tanner Lee out there makes one really appreciate Blake Bortles.

23 hours ago, .Buzz said:

No idea. Can only assume the coach banged the table hard for a guy he knew, and TC isnt exactly averse to taking QBs with measurables but are bad with football.

At least he didn't spend a 3rd on him like he did with Quinn

On 8/9/2018 at 8:34 PM, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I can't remember any preseason QB who looked worse than Tanner Lee looks right now.

Thinking about it, I vaguely remember the QB who I get mixed up with Quinn Gray (something Quin or some name close to that) being that bad too.

EDIT: Jonathan Quinn. He was horrendous too.

Finally got around to watching the game.

-I'm really digging the uniforms from certain angles and distance.  Look phenomenal from the main broadcast camera.  Just that with certain conditions when they go to lower angle views, they look like the wrong darn colour, and the overly plain numbers really stand out.

-Also on an aesthetic note...they're gonna redo the field numbers and stuff before the real season right?  Because they definitely don't match the current number font and it looks bad and stupid.  Like the dog park.

-Tanner Lee is just a waste of a roster spot.  We'd be better off bringing Shoelace out of his lake, before letting Lee actually take a snap in a real game that counts.

-Leon Jacobs looks like he's got a big lead in that 3rd starting LBer battle.  Thought he looked legitimately good.

-Not inspired by our RB depth.  We're 3 deep and then nothing.  Which makes me a bit nervous with how central the run is for us.  Gotta be watching these other preseason games for guys who might become available to fill out that 4th spot.

-Kessler looks reasonably competent, but severely limited.  Really hope he doesn't have to play at any point, but he looks fairly confident in running the huddle, moving around, and managing the game i guess.  Really is a shame he's not more physically talented.

-Can certainly see things to like with Reavis and Herndon.  Depth maybe doesn't look quite as bad as i thought at CB, but it's a very unimpressive group after Jalen and Bouye.

Archived