Hard Knocks Discussion

Mind Character

Tomorrow marks the first Episode of Hard Knocks for the Browns... it should be an interesting watch.

Let's discuss.

Interesting exchange between Baker and Hue regarding how to appropriately attack each day in the QB competition.

Last year, Kizer was asked what his everyday was schedule during a presser and later in an interview... He stated that Hue told him that he wanted him to be there at 5am everyday with himself (Hue) and the QB Coach to start with film and a exercise before the rest of the team and coaches get in. Kizer said Hue was there around 4  and the first thing they did was talk about the day, the schedule, and then go over cutups of film.

Kizer said at the latest he got there a 5:30 and started the grind.

Hue's exchange with Baker (in the short clip) is an interesting interaction.. in the clip Baker doesn't seem to be all ears or even seems a little embarrassed (not that it's a negative)... when we see the full clip in context I'm sure Baker will likely be all in...

Can't wait to see more stuff like this...

28 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

History says Baker should listen to Hue. Flacco had 14 TD to 12 INT as a rookie. Kessler, Hogan and Kizer also made the most of their abilities, wherever they are now.

You Fire Huers just can't help yourselves... LOL

"Baker it's good to start your days work early" -- Hue..... "Look at Hue throwing his players under the bus again" -- Fire Huer/Hue-ist

My Prediction: Hard Knocks will be the Rorschach test for people... if you Hate Hue... you'll Hate Hue on Hard Knocks and perceive his actions on the show to be phony or playing it up for the camera in a way that's not natural... if you Don't like Baker.. you won't like Baker on Hard Knocks....

As the vast majority on here hate Hue as a coach, I fully expect most to walk away hating Hue even more or have their opinions solidified...

I for one will be most excited about seeing the comrade between players and the competition stories play out...

I think Derrick Willies, Denzel Rice, CJ Board, and Elijah Campbell as the rookie UFA type story lines will be interesting...

49 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

the hate for Hue is because of his suckage. If he goes onto be a good coach, we willl like him. If goes onto be a great coach and wins a superbowl he will be a Browns immortal. 

EXACTLY what I have been saying all along. So many bandwagon hoppers and fair weather friends here.  All of the FIRE HUE I HATE HIM RAGERS, will be saying how they loved him all along after the season, and lining up to swallow him whole if they were given the opportunity.

2 hours ago, nugpimpen said:

Like I said in another thread... the thing the players love about hue is how he interacts and leads them, which i agree with. It's his game management that I loathe.

I ordered HBO last night for this. I'm pumped 

Hopefully the game management will improve because he is no longer trying to manage the game and the offense. So now hopefully instead of trying to figure out plays and formations and how to set up the opposing defense and making adjustments and also trying to remember what to do with time managaent and all that good stuff. Now he can solely focus on the game itself and providing input to his Cosches

5 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

EXACTLY what I have been saying all along. So many bandwagon hoppers and fair weather friends here.  All of the FIRE HUE I HATE HIM RAGERS, will be saying how they loved him all along after the season, and lining up to swallow him whole if they were given the opportunity.

Well he deserved every bit of hate tho. 

He put himself in that position to be hated. Sashi helped a little bit but it was all on hue. He has pretty much failed at every aspect of his job as HC and OC the two years prior except for being liked by his players but that didn’t benefit the team.  

He has to prove this year that he can actually be a good coach. 

One thing that made him so hated by so many was he was so cocky and confident and never really backed it up. 

Archived