Hard Knocks Discussion

Mind Character

4 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Carl Nassib was the most annoying character in the show and that says a lot considering we came across like a bunch of disorganised, try-hares (except the QBs and Landry).

This bum has 5.5 sacks in two years. Talking all this bro nonsense about investing and he went to a Taylor swift concert and lined up for a photo, wooaaah. Top banter there. Really funny.

These guys don’t respect Hue, not really. You got Jamie Collins rolling his eyes at Gregg Williams. A recently traded for DB and a 1st round rookie stood there basically pissing around in front of Hue.

Todd Haley is the only one who seems to both command respect and have a genuine understanding of how far behind this 1-31 team is. He’ll be the coach by midseason.

Eye rolling by collins? If that was, it might be the weakest eye roll and we have no idea because of the editing they do with the cameras. 

You cant be upset with Nassib, you spend time with football players long enough you will get crazy conversation. What they had one year with a player who didn’t believe in dinosaurs as being real. It will prolly be the only episode they talk about Nassib

54 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Eye rolling by collins? If that was, it might be the weakest eye roll and we have no idea because of the editing they do with the cameras. 

You cant be upset with Nassib, you spend time with football players long enough you will get crazy conversation. What they had one year with a player who didn’t believe in dinosaurs as being real. It will prolly be the only episode they talk about Nassib

All I know is we got some cheesy coaches for a 1-31 team and some attention seeking bum players that ain’t done a thing in two years.

At least we got rid of Coleman. What a loser that guy is.

1 hour ago, Aztec Hammer said:

All I know is we got some cheesy coaches for a 1-31 team and some attention seeking bum players that ain’t done a thing in two years.

Cheesy coaches? 

attention seeking players? 

Is this your first time ever watching Hardknocks?

1 hour ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Good.  Yes.  I like the intensity.

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Cheesy coaches? 

attention seeking players? 

Is this your first time ever watching Hardknocks?

Be as condescending as you like. If you can’t see that the coaches on this team are another in a long line of cheese balls to be exposed as inept on Hard Knocks, that’s on you.

Defend Hue if you want and pretend he didn’t look like a clown for an hour straight. Maybe he’ll win another game at some point in the next two years to validate it.

16 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Be as condescending as you like. If you can’t see that the coaches on this team are another in a long line of cheese balls to be exposed as inept on Hard Knocks, that’s on you.

Defend Hue if you want and pretend he didn’t look like a clown for an hour straight. Maybe he’ll win another game at some point in the next two years to validate it.

Shouldn’t you be rooting for the bills or something?  First you wanted to draft me mediocre.  Now you slam the team at every opportunity since they didn’t.

7 hours ago, NateDawg said:

It’s the age-old question of whether it’s better as a leader to be respected or feared.

With Hue’s command of the locker room, I believe he’s 0/2.

Except that players live Hue and play hard for him.  Even when the entire roster sucked during a winless season, they never stopped and gave up.

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

He wasn’t the reason for the suck but he is the reason for the 1-31. Better coaching wins at least 4-5 games over the past 2years, Truly showings it talent and not coaching. 1-31 was a lack of talent and piss poor coaching

No, they don’t.  The roster was possibly the worst the nfl has ever seen.  Particularly last years qb room.  Like I said, all coaches make bad calls that are second guessed.  None are perfect, when the calls work, no one notices.  When they do not on the worst team in history, the armchair QBs notice.

28 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Shouldn’t you be rooting for the bills or something?  First you wanted to draft me mediocre.  Now you slam the team at every opportunity since they didn’t.

grow up you chump. aren't you the guy who thought osweiller would be our QB for the next decade lol.

40 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

While I don't think buno is meaning what he wrote in a condescending way--merely stating that coach cheesiness gets played up by the show choosing to run with "inspirational" (rah rah, melodramatic etc.) moments--I do agree that I was not impressed by Hue in the first episode. Haley came off to me as a guy who won't rock the boat too hard but it's biding his time. I'm excited what he brings to the table. Year 2 for Gregg will be make or break. We have some good defensive players, so if our defense is meh then I can see Gregg being goners. I could also see Haley starting and Gregg continuing as DC. I'm excited about the season to come.

18 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Except that players live Hue and play hard for him.  Even when the entire roster sucked during a winless season, they never stopped and gave up.

I hope you're correct, but I don't see much evidence of this, just some rah rah from our favorite GOAT company man, Joe. We went 0-16. The team did not play hard. Our pass blocking looked bad despite a solid line on paper. Our D were the only ones playing hard, and Duke.

4 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

While I don't think buno is meaning what he wrote in a condescending way--merely stating that coach cheesiness gets played up by the show choosing to run with "inspirational" (rah rah, melodramatic etc.) moments--I do agree that I was not impressed by Hue in the first episode. Haley came off to me as a guy who won't rock the boat too hard but it's biding his time. I'm excited what he brings to the table. Year 2 for Gregg will be make or break. We have some good defensive players, so if our defense is meh then I can see Gregg being goners. I could also see Haley starting and Gregg continuing as DC. I'm excited about the season to come.

I think Baker will be coached in 2019 by someone like DeFilippo. I hope so. Hue is clearly inept.

5 minutes ago, mistakey said:

fwiw, andrew hawkins is no fan of flip

hmm, Hawkins went from 113 targets before Flip to 44 with him. Probably just a personal beef. He did a superb job with Wentz and Foles and they gave him glowing refs on the way out. Whether it's Flip or some other young, innovative mind, I think it's important for Mayfield that he is paired up with someone fresh next year. Hue gives me zero confidence in everything he does.

58 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

No, they don’t.  The roster was possibly the worst the nfl has ever seen.  Particularly last years qb room.  Like I said, all coaches make bad calls that are second guessed.  None are perfect, when the calls work, no one notices.  When they do not on the worst team in history, the armchair QBs notice.

Dude hue just wasn’t making bad calls. Dude was making horrible week to week schemes and couldn’t script the beginning of a game if his life depended on it. I know the Browns QBs sucked but Hue rarely ever made the game easier for them. It’s not like the Browns were getting boat raced either, They lost six games by six points or fewer. A couple plays play out differently and thats a potential win. Going back to his scripting, I would love to see how many times the Browns first drive of a game resulted in a first down. Because I don’t remember them ever opening a game with a first down. Hell the browns were utter garbage to start a game out offensively. That is unacceptable, any offensive coach worth their weight should be able to script a proper beginning to a game. You watch film all week on the opposing defense, you should be able to take advantage early right before adjustments truly start. Hue to me maybe showed that ability only twice last year and it was Vikings and lions I believe. Again Kizer sucked but Hue made him suck even more by having him try and execute some tough nfl passing concepts. Heck, we saw Last Thursday that Haley has incorporated some of Bakers college concepts into his offense. I don’t ever remember anyone ever saying how Hue incorporated any Notew Dame concepts to make things easier for him. Kizer threw so many picks becuase he was always constantly asked to throw the ball into tight windows. Hue rarely called passing concepts that schemes WRs wide open. His favorite route combo was dual or triple fades. 

Hue has been his own worst enemy here in Cleveland. 

Please spare me calling me a hue hater and if he wins ill be swallowing him cause that’s the constant garbage you have been posting. I have never been a hue fan boy or a hue hater. I’ve tried to be a hue Realist. The team sucked but the team should of never gone 0-16 or 1-32. Yeah they had some bad talent but that talent meant they were never going to win 6 games a year. Again hue handicapped himself with not hiring an OC but that’s his fault. He made that bed. Every ounce of critism,  hue has earned.

can you name an aspect of Hue’s coaching game or ability that was competent over the past two years? 

Im just saying there was plenty of reasons to fire Hue and I’m glad they gave him a chance this year with an improved team but hue has to win at least 6 maybe 7 games to show he actually adds value to a team instead of negatively impacting it

Archived