Hard Knocks Discussion

Mind Character

1 hour ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Be as condescending as you like. If you can’t see that the coaches on this team are another in a long line of cheese balls to be exposed as inept on Hard Knocks, that’s on you.

Defend Hue if you want and pretend he didn’t look like a clown for an hour straight. Maybe he’ll win another game at some point in the next two years to validate it.

How is Haley and Williams cheese balls? Also why the hell does it matter? There is no specific way on how a coach needs to act or what kind of personality they need to have to be successful. The browns have tried every single one and it has been awful. 

Also how did Hue look like a clown an hour straight. Didn’t look like a clown when he was mourning the death of us mother. Wasn’t a clown in the team meeting room with his players. 

Also you say the Players are made to look like a bunch of try hards. Go watch the Texans Hardknocks, they make Watt look like the biggest try hard in the league. 

9 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Carl Nassib was the most annoying character in the show and that says a lot considering we came across like a bunch of disorganised, try-hares (except the QBs and Landry).

This bum has 5.5 sacks in two years. Talking all this bro nonsense about investing and he went to a Taylor swift concert and lined up for a photo, wooaaah. Top banter there. Really funny.

These guys don’t respect Hue, not really. You got Jamie Collins rolling his eyes at Gregg Williams. A recently traded for DB and a 1st round rookie stood there basically pissing around in front of Hue.

Todd Haley is the only one who seems to both command respect and have a genuine understanding of how far behind this 1-31 team is. He’ll be the coach by midseason.

This is a ridiculous post. First of all, we knew when we drafted Nassib that he was a long-term project. He's big and fast, but had very little muscle mass. And your critique of our coaching staff is hilarious. If you're looking at it from the inside (Hard Knocks), I have no idea how you could take away that Hue is a goofball. In another horrible post you had, you said Hue was basically a clown for an hour. I saw the exact opposite. I was totally expecting a clown show from Hue, but he clearly has the respect of the team, speaks with strong conviction, and is obviously a very strong person to fight through the adversity he's faced.

I wasn't on team Hue before the season started, but nothing he's done since the end of last year struck me as bad. You simply don't like him and won't give him another chance, despite the fact that people much smarter than you have decided to give him that chance. Let it play out. He knows he's on a short leash. We don't need people like you spewing crap about the dude already when he's literally done nothing wrong based on Hard Knocks.

Nassib helping out his teammates off the field since he hasnt done much on the field. 

I can live with that. Plus too many NFL players go broke so its good hes educating these fools. I mean it looked like they were on a break with Myles eating his salad. Better they talk about that stuff than stupid crap

Also Hue is a bad coach a lot of times but you really have to be a hater to say his players dont love him or play hard for him

1 minute ago, ohiogenius said:

Nassib helping out his teammates off the field since he hasnt done much on the field. 

I can live with that. Plus too many NFL players go broke so its good hes educating these fools. I mean it looked like they were on a break with Myles eating his salad. Better they talk about that stuff than stupid crap

Also Hue is a bad coach a lot of times but you really have to be a hater to say his players dont love him or play hard for him

Where is your proof that players play especially hard for him or love him more than typical of a head coach? I don't mean a few random dudes who go to bat for him. By the way, I am not necessarily convinced of the opposite, just that this narrative seems superficial to me thus far.

30 minutes ago, buno67 said:

How is Haley and Williams cheese balls? Also why the hell does it matter? There is no specific way on how a coach needs to act or what kind of personality they need to have to be successful. The browns have tried every single one and it has been awful. 

Also how did Hue look like a clown an hour straight. Didn’t look like a clown when he was mourning the death of us mother. Wasn’t a clown in the team meeting room with his players. 

Also you say the Players are made to look like a bunch of try hards. Go watch the Texans Hardknocks, they make Watt look like the biggest try hard in the league. 

JJ is a 3x DPOY. Nassib has 5.5 career sacks.

Hue... every interaction with the coaches and players, basically I see it how that’s colts Punter with the radio show sees it.

23 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

This is a ridiculous post. First of all, we knew when we drafted Nassib that he was a long-term project. He's big and fast, but had very little muscle mass. And your critique of our coaching staff is hilarious. If you're looking at it from the inside (Hard Knocks), I have no idea how you could take away that Hue is a goofball. In another horrible post you had, you said Hue was basically a clown for an hour. I saw the exact opposite. I was totally expecting a clown show from Hue, but he clearly has the respect of the team, speaks with strong conviction, and is obviously a very strong person to fight through the adversity he's faced.

I wasn't on team Hue before the season started, but nothing he's done since the end of last year struck me as bad. You simply don't like him and won't give him another chance, despite the fact that people much smarter than you have decided to give him that chance. Let it play out. He knows he's on a short leash. We don't need people like you spewing crap about the dude already when he's literally done nothing wrong based on Hard Knocks.

Haha. Relax with the ad hominem arguments fella. Why don’t we look at this objectively? 1-31. That’s a good start. An offensive coordinator with a better HC record than Hue biting his tongue because he can clearly see mismanagement of the players.

Who’s much smarter than me? Jimmy Haslam? Ha. Ok then. Because that’s who decided to keep him around. A ringing endorsement if ever there was one.

Basically I see it like that ex Colts punter does. What a surprise eh, not everyone sees it like you do.

8 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

JJ is a 3x DPOY. Nassib has 5.5 career sacks.

Hue... every interaction with the coaches and players, basically I see it how that’s colts Punter with the radio show sees it.

"I thought you were having a tea party over there." - head ***.

19 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Where is your proof that players play especially hard for him or love him more than typical of a head coach? I don't mean a few random dudes who go to bat for him. By the way, I am not necessarily convinced of the opposite, just that this narrative seems superficial to me thus far.

I supposed i have no concrete proof.

The only thing I based it on is late into the season before hue, it was obvious our team quit. I havent seen that the past 2 years.

14 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Haha. Relax with the ad hominem arguments fella. Why don’t we look at this objectively? 1-31. That’s a good start. An offensive coordinator with a better HC record than Hue biting his tongue because he can clearly see mismanagement of the players.

And a defensive coordinator with a better record as a HC.... and a senior assistant with a better record....

Archived