Hard Knocks Discussion

Mind Character

22 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think that this series is doing Cajuste favors. If he doesn't make the browns he might catch on somewhere else though the promotion he is getting/his abiltiy to be a just above replacement level as a receiver. 

If I was an olineman I would want to get on camera. You don't know where it might lead in terms of getting some bottom tier endorsement deals.... if you are an olinemen you ain't guna sell jeans, or underpants, but you might get a deal from ford for their pick up trucks or a local dealer or something. Maybe a protein shake. 

28 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Is Devalve hurt or something why hasnt he been out there

That's my understanding, but I'm not sure what the specifics are.

40 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

95% Devalve 5% Cajuste. Devalve has in game experience, and has preformed reasonaby well ( he has had some nice tds) is bigger and more explosive. 

You may very well be right. DeValve just always looked like he was running in sand to me and still isn't a particularly good blocker to my eye. I wouldn't be shocked to see him start the year on IR if he can't get healthy in time for week one and push the decision to choose between them until later in the year.

20 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

Lol nope.

I assume they do something similar every year?

It’s a staple of the series. They usually highlight on a guy or two that is an underdog to make the team. A Hardknock series usually highlights a top tier Rookie, a star vet, the HC, and a bottom of the roster guy. They then add footage of interesting things that go on during camp and a little segment from different guys here or there. 

7 minutes ago, buno67 said:

It’s a staple of the series. They usually highlight on a guy or two that is an underdog to make the team. A Hardknock series usually highlights a top tier Rookie, a star vet, the HC, and a bottom of the roster guy. They then add footage of interesting things that go on during camp and a little segment from different guys here or there. 

That makes sense.  Even as a browns fan I am disinterested by the underdog story-line.  If it were an underdog who had any chance of becoming something, maybe, but they chose a guy with very little upside.  Though this certainly wouldn't help my interest with any other team on the show.  I have never seen it before it came to the browns, and if I'm being honest, I'll probably never watch it again after it leaves Cleveland :-P.  

2 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

That makes sense.  Even as a browns fan I am disinterested by the underdog story-line.  If it were an underdog who had any chance of becoming something, maybe, but they chose a guy with very little upside.  Though this certainly wouldn't help my interest with any other team on the show.  I have never seen it before it came to the browns, and if I'm being honest, I'll probably never watch it again after it leaves Cleveland :-P.  

That’s what they usually do. The underdog guy usually never makes the team. I think they do it so as a viewer, you see what the non-Big name, the 7th rd to UDFA type player has to do to make a NFL team. One of the best one was John Conner during the Jets Hardknocks in 2010 I think, maybe ‘11. He ended up making the team I believe. 

Seeing a lot of speculation about Dez signing being announced on Hard Knocks. There's no way that would happen, right? Something would have leaked by now. I think RapSheet just likes to stir the pot. I am eager to see the visit tonight though. From what I saw in the teaser, it seems to show a side of him that few have seen.

Archived