Hard Knocks Discussion

Mind Character

26 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Coaches/men argue, it happens.  Unless someone has incredibly thin skin, it shouldn’t be a big deal.

wait....

26 minutes ago, brownie man said:

with that Hue Haley exchange

I loved how he brought Al Saunders into it

Everyone in that room has 100% respect for Al so for him to bring back Al saying "You can do whatever tf you want" I think made a big impact in the room

Television Programming & Edititng/Framing of Events gives the appearance of reality without being so...

Right now, you have people like Mike Florio and many many others writing long-winded articles like

"HARD KNOCKS DEBUT FORESHADOWS POTENTIAL DYSFUNCTION"

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/08/clevelands-hard-knocks-debut-foreshadows-potential-dysfunction/

OR Dustin Fox ..

https://923thefan.radio.com/media/audio-channel/dustin-fox-look-between-hue-and-haley-was-bizarre-and-awkward

----

LOL... The Hue-Haley exchange was full of edits... they dramatically played up each others reactions... they skipped around the conversation to capture and frame a specific part... you can see the jump cut edits....

The Al Saunders thing was a joke with a "pen mustache" (tongue and cheek) to clear the air after a healthy head coach and assistant coach back and forth...

It's a sexy story line that plays on our per-existing beliefs of Haley being Hue's replacement etc... but it showed me that Hue and Haley are a perfect match for one another...

I still cannot believe that Channel 5, the home of the Browns preseason programming, didn't pony up the fees to HBO so it could be shown on local free TV. Think about it - the featured team in its own home market - I am sure they could have negotiated something with their advertisers to pass on the additional fees. It's not like Hard Knocks decided last week to feature the Browns.

I know it is all about the Benjamins. My buddy, who does not have cable or satellite would have liked to watch. I, myself, as a standard cable subscriber, would have liked to watch. I despise the notion that I needed to pony up an additional $16.99 to watch 5 shows. Cable is expensive enough already.

And yes, I am aware that probably within my lifetime, regular season NFL games will be available only on a pay per view basis.

Grrrrrrrrrr...........

27 minutes ago, mistakey said:

i didnt think that exchagne was all that juicy
i have way worse disagreements with my team and we work fine

No kidding. That is heated? lol I see much more heated arguments on my HS football staff. That was nothing and should be treated as such. It wasn't some freaking screaming match; it was a difference in philosophy. I'm glad our coaches are willing to share their honest opinions without turning into "yes men". I also like that Hue big dikk'd the staff and isn't turning into a pushover coach. He's staunch in his beliefs, as any good coach should be.

I'm rooting for Hue. I'm not overly confident in him, but it's 100% possible he gets us to where we need to be. With the talent we have had, it was a miracle we won any games in the last 2 seasons. There can be no excuses now, but I am willing to give him another chance given the state of the roster the last few years.

And if your heart doesn't break for that guy, I don't know what to tell you. He's not freaking Ty Lue. He knows what's going on, he's well liked in the building by the owners, front office, and the players, and he has been around the game for a long time. He's not in over his head like some have suggested. He needs talent to win, which is pretty much the case with every coach....ever.

Watched the episode again... A few things I missed regarding the Hue-Kitchesn-Haley interaction...

When Coach Kitchens Asks Hue if the guys can still dress even when they're limited... Hue responds "That's fine if you want to do that..." (low audio but clearly hearable if you turn the volume up) ...then it jump cuts to Hue talking to Kitchens, but the edit makes it seems like Hue responds to Kitchens valid question by saying something unrelated/condescending like "we're not just sitting guys b/c they're special.."

Also, Kitchens had a good laugh when Al Saunders made that tongue in cheek joke...

There was a 500 word essay written by a Cleveland writer about Hue condescending to Coach Kitchens... and not answering him maturely...

Classic media good times...

26 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Watched the episode again... A few things I missed regarding the Hue-Kitchesn-Haley interaction...

When Coach Kitchens Asks Hue if the guys can still dress even when they're limited... Hue responds "That's fine if you want to do that..." (low audio but clearly hearable if you turn the volume up) ...then it jump cuts to Hue talking to Kitchens, but the edit makes it seems like Hue responds to Kitchens valid question by saying something unrelated/condescending like "we're not just sitting guys b/c they're special.."

Also, Kitchens had a good laugh when Al Saunders made that tongue in cheek joke...

There was a 500 word essay written by a Cleveland writer about Hue condescending to Coach Kitchens... and not answering him maturely...

Classic media good times...

Very solid take here. That said, I just watched episode 5 of "Building the Browns", and Hue was so terrible about his lake jump. The car ride over and him talking, the speech before going in, and then the basically falling over at two feet deep and then quickly out so he can proudly say he raised $30k for his fund...ugh.

Fire Hue.

Archived