Hard Knocks Discussion

Mind Character

3 hours ago, Mind Character said:

McAfee speaks to Fire Hue in all of us... LOL

Look at the exchange ... look at the edits... listen to Hue's response to Kitchens... that goes untalked about in the media...

We missed kitchens asking about duke and hue's specific response... we missed hue's full response to Kitches after he said "that's fine"

It was beautifully edited to give that good reality tv feel...

HBO and the editors do a tremendous job...

It was a great hour of television.

This is the last I'm speaking out about the show in defense of context being cut via selective editing no matter what happens from here on out as I already know it's fire Hue from here on out...

Good times...

Bud, it's been Fire Hue for going on 3 years. Hard Knocks is just showing you why.

15 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Bud, it's been Fire Hue for going on 3 years. Hard Knocks is just showing you why.

Bud, the show's a Rorschach Test & Confirmation Bias Exercise...  it showed you and the Fire Hue faithful what you've already known... as it has shown past fan bases the same... to me it was just an entertaining hour of carefully edited television "reality" show on a team I care way too much about...

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

Bud, the show's a Rorschach Test & Confirmation Bias Excercise...  it showed you and the Fire Hue faithful what you've already known... to me it was an entertaining hour of edited television reality show that on a team I care way too much about...

Bud (the trifecta!), I'll counter that I quite enjoyed that hour of reality TV as well, and I also see it as nothing more than that. Because it is reality TV, there were some entertaining narratives that we are to take with a grain of salt. As much as we are to take power struggles with coaches as not meaning much, we must also shrug off the blatant attempts to humanize Hue Jackson to the fans and to sway our collective opinion of him. He is his record of the first two years (context taken into consideration) and his on-field decision-making. That is what the majority of us are going off of. For that reason, I highly doubt that he will be here next season.

for the record, I quite respected how he dealt with dissention amongst the coaches, pulling the alpha dog card. I just think he's not good enough to survive this season. It's all speculation right now. We'll see what the future holds.

I can agree with McAfee when he says that Hue comes across as being fake. I remember him dressing in the same outfit as Dorsey during a recent press conference, and it was so cringey. It seemed like he's just trying his best to suck up to Dorsey cause he knows he very well may not even make it to the end of the season.

9 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I can agree with McAfee when he says that Hue comes across as being fake. I remember him dressing in the same outfit as Dorsey during a recent press conference, and it was so cringey. It seemed like he's just trying his best to suck up to Dorsey cause he knows he very well may not even make it to the end of the season.

This.

11 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Bud (the trifecta!), I'll counter that I quite enjoyed that hour of reality TV as well, and I also see it as nothing more than that. Because it is reality TV, there were some entertaining narratives that we are to take with a grain of salt. As much as we are to take power struggles with coaches as not meaning much, we must also shrug off the blatant attempts to humanize Hue Jackson to the fans and to sway our collective opinion of him. He is his record of the first two years (context taken into consideration) and his on-field decision-making. That is what the majority of us are going off of. For that reason, I highly doubt that he will be here next season.

for the record, I quite respected how he dealt with dissention amongst the coaches, pulling the alpha dog card. I just think he's not good enough to survive this season. It's all speculation right now. We'll see what the future holds.

I'm able to fathom why people feel the way they feel... as such it's easy to predict how certain things will make them feel (i.e., " taunting penalty lol... here comes the fire Hue comment in 3, 2, 1..." "Oh I bet the media writers will write excessive confirmation bias articles about that Haley and Hue exchange...", etc)...

I'm with you in that just as I'm not jumping on the fire Hue bandwagon because of the show... I would never and for fans watching it would be ridiculous to hop on some Keep Hue bandwagon based on something seen in the show (him being humanized or whatever)...

I'm just enjoying the well crafted, 100s of employee produced, television mind programming digital broadcast... it's entertainment...

Maybe there will be a few general take-aways from the show when it's all said and done..

35 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

I'm just enjoying the well crafted, 100s of employee produced, television mind programming digital broadcast... it's entertainment...

Maybe there will be a few general take-aways from the show when it's all said and done..

I would say in all honesty that one of the positive effects of the devil's lettuce is to help one see the bolded above. Not to sound condescending to some other posters in here, but a lot of people just cannot see those things when they are very clear to others. Despite the idea of the masses being brainwashed monkeys willing to listen to whatever the idiot box demands has reached cliché status, it also works for that reason; the shock that might have jarred an individual into action has long passed. That's why people buy Papa John's when Peyton Manning sells it. That's why piss beer gets sold so well by hot chicks who have nothing to do with the production of the beer. We know we're being treated like idiots, but we're but anyway.

100% agree with you that at all times narratives are being pushed in order to push certain agendas, most commonly to sell products. Sometimes the products are bigger things, such as trust in an organization. I definitely agree with you as far as your comments earlier about being ready for everyone to overreact to the Hard Knocks episode and for the pundits to start forming articles about trouble in Berea etc. There were many well done cuts to make things sound more dramatic, typical to a reality show, actually. Despite it being proven over and over again, people are still willing to to cry conspiracy theory about the idea that many media sites are writing the same material at the same time to push an idea as reality.

I see it now. Dez visits on episode 2 of hardknocks. Episode 3 dez shows up signs contract and drives onto the practice field in a blacked out Tahoe says “ on my way to practice some scrub asked me for a ride. Anyone know this dude ? “ Out comes Gordon. Dez Landry Gordon. Everything Hardknocks ever wanted 

Ok, I finally got around to watching this. Everyone knows that I have supported Jackson here and that support has been unwavering.  I saw comments here about the friction between Haley and Hue.  I do like that Haley is making his opinion known.  Those that say Hue is weak though, you need to watch that segment again.  Hue shut that fecal matter down in short order with out batting an eye.  That was strength, he was awesomely strong through the show while dealing with unimaginable adversity in his family life.  I can relate to the loss of his mother.  It was impossible for me to hold things together when it happened to me.  I can’t imagine losing a sibling at pretty much the same time, and not only did he not fall apart, he kept working.  Gentlemen, get ready this is the year that will go down in the nfl history books as the turning point.

15 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Bud, the show's a Rorschach Test & Confirmation Bias Exercise...  it showed you and the Fire Hue faithful what you've already known... as it has shown past fan bases the same... to me it was just an entertaining hour of carefully edited television "reality" show on a team I care way too much about...

It showed me what I've known to be true, yes. That Hue Jackson is a fraud. Been saying it for years now. The show didn't change that, it just showed me more evidence.

Your premise of confirmation bias is suspect, since there was no evidence of him being genuine, or good even, in regards to his job. The only genuine moment he had was when he was crying over the loss of his mother. RIP Betty Lee. 

1 hour ago, ditchdigger said:

It showed me what I've known to be true, yes. That Hue Jackson is a fraud. Been saying it for years now. The show didn't change that, it just showed me more evidence.

Your premise of confirmation bias is suspect, since there was no evidence of him being genuine, or good even, in regards to his job. The only genuine moment he had was when he was crying over the loss of his mother. RIP Betty Lee. 

You fail to grasp what confirmation bias is and/or what a Rorschach Test is... it's about seeing that which you already feel/believe... when one looks at additional information... there's also a component of disregarding new information that may cause one to question one's original belief and only valuing and finding relevant the information that is in alignment with one's previously held opinion.

Therefore, as with the very definition of confirmation bias... more information only confirms one's original opinion, attitude, or belief.

So, of course you're going to find more evidence for your original opinion...

Believe what you want... your opinion is solidified...

I've spent enough time making contextual factors surrounding about the coaches, GM, players that result in winning, losing, poor play, etc...

Enjoy the season...

29 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Then tell me what you saw that proved he was a good coach? "It's my team and I do whatever the hell I want"? 

Losing must be what he wants then.

We don’t know if he is a good coach or not. He has to prove it. He is a bad coach at the moment. He won’t be back next year if he can’t prove himself  

what they showed on Hardknocks is no indicator if he is good or bad. 

Hue wants to run his team one way and Haley made a suggestion. Just like Saunders said, it is his team and he should run it the way he believes. Which might be an improvement because he didn’t really get a chance to fully run the team like a HC cause he had to worry about The offense and the QB. It’s not an excuse cause that was his choice to not have an OC, so that was he bed he made. I’m just glad he did something that was a decision that could help the entire team. Not the offense or defense. Also this browns team has always been destroyed by injuries the past couple years. I have no issue in him trying to protect players. 

I cant believe these morons are siding with Haley. "Hey lets push a guy with hamstring injuries to the max super fast, that cant ever go wrong"

I swear football is filled with so many meatheads. 

There is plenty to hate on Hue but we have had hardass coaches here. They didnt do crap here either.

Honestly Pat McAfee just sounds like an insufferable human being who has nothing to contribute besides being a complaining ahole

Archived