Hard Knocks Discussion

Mind Character

47 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Lol still , 10 percent guaranteed is still dumb.  Maybe last year but a good professional financial adviser will guarantee you 6 on average, maybe.  

Eh, not really.

Not a “guarantee” per se, but a conservative historical average.

Bottom line kids, get your money out from under the mattress and into the market.

https://www.daveramsey.com/blog/the-12-reality

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I like this too.

hue's ability to take credit.

the medical staff and i had a plan. 

they probably spelled it out v-e-r-y----s-l-o-w-l-y how to improve player health. 

Good on him for listening to one bit of analytics though. 

better than Bob Wylie's gut, cos that looks like it tells lies. am I right?

Saw the first episode a few days ago and I thought it was great. As much as I would love to try to support Hue, I just can't. I'll support the team, but, even if we make the playoffs, I'm hoping for a new HC.

His faults have pretty much been stated a million times, but, the biggest one I do not like is, I don't know if I ever saw an article or an interview where he said it was his fault that the Browns are 1-31 the past 2 years. Basically, everyone was at fault, except for the leader making the decisions and calling the plays (a lot of stupid plays). 

Anyway, excited for episode 2. I like the Tyrod signing, but I think if Mayfield continues to show improvement, he needs to start before mid season at the latest IMO. I would not even be upset at all even if he started game 1, mainly since Haley is calling the plays (hopefully). Mayfield has his weaknesses, sure, but I feel he is the type of person who would study the film, learn from them, and overcome them; that's just his personality. Besides, I would love to see what he can do with the 1's, especially with Landry.

2 hours ago, Onizuka said:

Saw the first episode a few days ago and I thought it was great. As much as I would love to try to support Hue, I just can't. I'll support the team, but, even if we make the playoffs, I'm hoping for a new HC.

His faults have pretty much been stated a million times, but, the biggest one I do not like is, I don't know if I ever saw an article or an interview where he said it was his fault that the Browns are 1-31 the past 2 years. Basically, everyone was at fault, except for the leader making the decisions and calling the plays (a lot of stupid plays). 

Anyway, excited for episode 2. I like the Tyrod signing, but I think if Mayfield continues to show improvement, he needs to start before mid season at the latest IMO. I would not even be upset at all even if he started game 1, mainly since Haley is calling the plays (hopefully). Mayfield has his weaknesses, sure, but I feel he is the type of person who would study the film, learn from them, and overcome them; that's just his personality. Besides, I would love to see what he can do with the 1's, especially with Landry.

The thing is, the suck WASN'T his fault.  How often did you hear a fireman take the blame for a house that burned to the ground?

Yes, there were some questionable decisions.  All coaches make them, no coach is perfect.  Also, no coach wins with the Cleveland Browns roster of the last 2 years.  Deal with it, and take your place in line after a winning season.

Here is a recent example.  We could not run against the Giants.  Hue wasn't up at the podium blaming himself.... it wasn't his fault!  He simply said we have to do better.  It is not acceptable.  Newsflash, he is 100% right!  Sure Zeiter is out, Bitonio is learning a new position, and our pro bowl guard is being replaced by a rookie right now.  Things happen in the NFL that lead to negative consequences.  It is nothing short of foolish to expect a HC to come up to the podium and take the blame for crap that is beyond his control.

Like it or not, Haslim has a plan, and he put it into action a couple of years ago, and it is right on schedule and we are right where we need to be.  He had a numbers guy, a very smart numbers guy, running the show, tearing it down, making the tough moves like letting Haden go, making the innovative trades like the Osweiller trade, in short, accumulating an obscene amount of picks and salary cap while TANKING!  The losing was absolutely a part of the plan, as was leaving us with no QB last year to help the tank along.  Once done, the numbers guy, Sashi, was also the sacrificial lamb to appease the fans (kind of shady, he was led to believe that he would be kept on board in some capacity after finding the football guy, Dorsey, to use all of those assets, but when he did hire Dorsey he was gone completely, but that is another story for another time).  Now the building has begun, and a tremendous part of it has been done in just one year.  Hue was always the coach for the plan.  There is no way Haslim was going to fire him, and he literally shut this fecal matter down in his recent presser when he said there is no magic number for Hue that he has to win to remain head coach.   He matter of factly, without hesitation, said that Hue Jackson is the coach for the job.  He gets it, there are haters due to the 2 horrible seasons, he also gets that all that will go away when the Ws start piling up, and those same haters will be lining up for their turn at Hue.

Carl Nassib was the most annoying character in the show and that says a lot considering we came across like a bunch of disorganised, try-hares (except the QBs and Landry).

This bum has 5.5 sacks in two years. Talking all this bro nonsense about investing and he went to a Taylor swift concert and lined up for a photo, wooaaah. Top banter there. Really funny.

These guys don’t respect Hue, not really. You got Jamie Collins rolling his eyes at Gregg Williams. A recently traded for DB and a 1st round rookie stood there basically pissing around in front of Hue.

Todd Haley is the only one who seems to both command respect and have a genuine understanding of how far behind this 1-31 team is. He’ll be the coach by midseason.

39 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Carl Nassib was the most annoying character in the show and that says a lot considering we came across like a bunch of disorganised, try-hares (except the QBs and Landry).

This bum has 5.5 sacks in two years. Talking all this bro nonsense about investing and he went to a Taylor swift concert and lined up for a photo, wooaaah. Top banter there. Really funny.

These guys don’t respect Hue, not really. You got Jamie Collins rolling his eyes at Gregg Williams. A recently traded for DB and a 1st round rookie stood there basically pissing around in front of Hue.

Todd Haley is the only one who seems to both command respect and have a genuine understanding of how far behind this 1-31 team is. He’ll be the coach by midseason.

It’s the age-old question of whether it’s better as a leader to be respected or feared.

With Hue’s command of the locker room, I believe he’s 0/2.

1 hour ago, DizzyDean said:

Like it or not, Haslim has a plan, and he put it into action a couple of years ago, and it is right on schedule and we are right where we need to be.  He had a numbers guy, a very smart numbers guy, running the show, tearing it down, making the tough moves like letting Haden go, making the innovative trades like the Osweiller trade, in short, accumulating an obscene amount of picks and salary cap while TANKING!  The losing was absolutely a part of the plan, as was leaving us with no QB last year to help the tank along.  Once done, the numbers guy, Sashi, was also the sacrificial lamb to appease the fans (kind of shady, he was led to believe that he would be kept on board in some capacity after finding the football guy, Dorsey, to use all of those assets, but when he did hire Dorsey he was gone completely, but that is another story for another time).  Now the building has begun, and a tremendous part of it has been done in just one year.  Hue was always the coach for the plan.  There is no way Haslim was going to fire him, and he literally shut this fecal matter down in his recent presser when he said there is no magic number for Hue that he has to win to remain head coach.   He matter of factly, without hesitation, said that Hue Jackson is the coach for the job.  He gets it, there are haters due to the 2 horrible seasons, he also gets that all that will go away when the Ws start piling up, and those same haters will be lining up for their turn at Hue.

The smartest numbers guy they hired is still with the team, DePodesta. That guy did amazing things in baseball. 

He is is so smart he makes other smart people look dumb.

I was beyond happy when we signed him

5 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

The thing is, the suck WASN'T his fault.  How often did you hear a fireman take the blame for a house that burned to the ground?

Yes, there were some questionable decisions.  All coaches make them, no coach is perfect.  Also, no coach wins with the Cleveland Browns roster of the last 2 years.  Deal with it, and take your place in line after a winning season.

He wasn’t the reason for the suck but he is the reason for the 1-31. Better coaching wins at least 4-5 games over the past 2years, Truly showings it talent and not coaching. 1-31 was a lack of talent and piss poor coaching

Archived