Browns WR Antonio Callway Cited for Marijuana

TheVillain112

11 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

In the spirit of fare ness:

But please go ahead and ignite those pitchforks. 

I'll say this - the officer is working under the context of law, not the league office. We've seen the league office take a different stance on many occasions.

6 hours ago, VanS said:

He might be prone to dumb mistakes but he's got a good heart and is fundamentally a good kid. 

He's a "fundamentally good kid" who constantly finds himself in trouble with the law or in the wrong places with the wrong people. 

12 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He's a "fundamentally good kid" who constantly finds himself in trouble with the law or in the wrong places with the wrong people. 

With guns. And stolen credit cards. Which he uses to buy stuff. Illegally.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I'll say this - the officer is working under the context of law, not the league office. We've seen the league office take a different stance on many occasions.

I believe he’s in stage 1 and also believe it’s just a fine and possibility to move to stage 2. Also he hasn’t failed a drug test as of yet so this may just be nothing other than immature stupidity  

Not positive however. 

21 minutes ago, tom cody said:

Interesting news. Makes the Corey Coleman trade even more ?

Our front office obviously thinks he sucks so the two things are separate. We probably would have traded him or cut him after this incident with Callaway.  So no it’s not a ?  

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Yeah it's possession no matter how long it has been there or who it belongs to so it is a drug charge. I believe the league treats any drug charge as a positive test.

46 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I believe he’s in stage 1 and also believe it’s just a fine and possibility to move to stage 2. Also he hasn’t failed a drug test as of yet so this may just be nothing other than immature stupidity  

Not positive however. 

From what I remember, getting a citation for possession results in a suspension no matter what stage they are in, but I could be wrong.

24 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

From what I remember, getting a citation for possession results in a suspension no matter what stage they are in, but I could be wrong.

Bell was suspended 2 games for his DUI and one for substance abuse (it was taken away). Callaway's instance was a drug charge but not a substance abuse charge so I don't think it falls under that category. Not that everyone who gets suspended for drug abuse actually has to serve it, it can be appealed out of, or has in the past.

32 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Bell was suspended 2 games for his DUI and one for substance abuse (it was taken away). Callaway's instance was a drug charge but not a substance abuse charge so I don't think it falls under that category. Not that everyone who gets suspended for drug abuse actually has to serve it, it can be appealed out of, or has in the past.

Bell's was a few years ago.  Discipline has ramped up.  Plus, Goodell owes the Browns nothing.  But it seems the Rooneys get the benefit of the doubt with some, not all, of their players in certain circumstances.

9 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Bell's was a few years ago.  Discipline has ramped up.  Plus, Goodell owes the Browns nothing.  But it seems the Rooneys get the benefit of the doubt with some, not all, of their players in certain circumstances.

I still believe it has to do with substance abuse. There was no indication that Callaway was under the influence of anything.

5 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I still believe it has to do with substance abuse. There was no indication that Callaway was under the influence of anything.

Former Texans WR Jaelen Strong had a one game suspension due to possession (with no indication of testing positive) in 2016, so there's precedence.

Archived