DizzyDean

Here we go, Calloway reportedly cited for Marijuana posession

52 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

So I was behind the glass for Next Level today, and Emmett and Jerod both thought Hue should have benched him. I was astonished. I, for one, LOVE what Hue did. Why should one player's actions detriment the entire team?

This is a guy who has not played in a real game for nearly TWO YEARS, and he has been tearing it up in practice. The team NEEDS to get him opportunities to shake the rust off, so for punishment, why not force him into EVERY opportunity? I heard he puked afterwards from exhaustion. Sounds like punishment enough to me. 

Benching him would have gotten ZERO benefit. This way, he is disciplined while also developing chemistry with his teammates and getting live reps. He said it won't happen again, he's got his second chance with the Browns, so make him give his all. I'm completely cool with it.

21 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah. Okay, guy. Danny Woodhead is not Antonio Callaway in any way, shape or form. I'm not gonna dive deep into this one because, frankly, I don't think I need to elaborate on the obvious, but...

You think every NFL player who is coming off of a season-long vacation that shows up somewhat out of shape wants to play til they puke?

I don't.

10 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Yeah. Okay, guy. Danny Woodhead is not Antonio Callaway in any way, shape or form. I'm not gonna dive deep into this one because, frankly, I don't think I need to elaborate on the obvious, but...

You think every NFL player who is coming off of a season-long vacation that shows up somewhat out of shape wants to play til they puke?

I don't.

It would be a punishment for an entrenched starter (like Jalen Ramsey) but for a mid to late round pick it is more opportunity than anything. If he wouldn't have played the 2nd half he would have had a bad game.

It was good for Callaway and good for the Browns so it wasn't a bad idea to have him play extended snaps it just isn't really punishment.

I like that his actions may hurt the team, so his punishment helps the team in terms of playing time.

19 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

It would be a punishment for an entrenched starter (like Jalen Ramsey) but for a mid to late round pick it is more opportunity than anything. If he wouldn't have played the 2nd half he would have had a bad game.

It was good for Callaway and good for the Browns so it wasn't a bad idea to have him play extended snaps it just isn't really punishment.

Yea thats my point, the Browns put themselves in position to be laughed at by doing stupid crap like this. Just come out and say you wanted to get him reps. Why try to spin it like its some sort of weird positive by giving the whole 'dont worry guys! I know what Im doing over here--trust me" 

It just makes it that much worse. The stupid Earn Your Stripes campaign, the Callaway punishment, the disregarding of coordinators opinions to prove a point, overscheming your defense like no other coach does in the NFL so you can look smart by thinking out of the box.......man....just man.

The Browns go so far out of their way with their actions to get people the laugh at them. Just be normal please. Watching them sometimes is like watching an entire RG3 presser waiting for the next ultra corny metaphor to pop out so everybody can laugh at how dumb it is.

22 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yea thats my point, the Browns put themselves in position to be laughed at by doing stupid crap like this. Just come out and say you wanted to get him reps. Why try to spin it like its some sort of weird positive by giving the whole 'dont worry guys! I know what Im doing over here--trust me" 

It just makes it that much worse. The stupid Earn Your Stripes campaign, the Callaway punishment, the disregarding of coordinators opinions to prove a point, overscheming your defense like no other coach does in the NFL so you can look smart by thinking out of the box.......man....just man.

Huey goes so far out of his way with his actions to get people the laugh at him . Just be normal please. Watching them sometimes is like watching an entire RG3 presser waiting for the next ultra corny metaphor to pop out so everybody can laugh at how dumb he is.

fify