Here we go, Calloway reportedly cited for Marijuana posession

DizzyDean

2 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Bless your heart, but I'll accept all this ignorance as not being from California. I get you're joking because it just became legal, but it's been a nightmare until now. The thing is, I've been in cars that did not smell like weed and did not have any where the officer said that they thought they smelled weed and that they needed to check the car. We didn't have any so there was no problem, but I witnessed firsthand that this is definitely how they operate.

The goal is to find any infraction possible. I have been accused by officers of being drunk when I didn't even drink anything or even do anything wrong, having an officer telling me I was driving down the wrong side of a tiny narrow street in a residential area with no marking between lanes. There are good ones and bad ones etc.etc., but it just is what it is at this point; there are myriad examples of police officers abusing their power in order to try to write excessive tickets.

P.S.: I know this isn't just a California thing, though it does happen a lot here. I had the same thing happened to me in North Dakota in a rental car that was completely clean. They searched my brother and I, harangued us with questions to see if our stories fit, asked us openly if we were drug traffickers, and eventually let out that they had just pulled us over because we had out-of-state plates.

I miss @NonMind CharacteresqueTayne

13 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Everyone thinks they know everything about police work.

I’ve seen The Wire, twice.

I watched an episode of Blue Bloods once.

Ive listened to bored officers ramble on about the schmucks they’ve had to deal with for hours in the hospital.

I watched a couple YouTube videos about not having to answer questions when stopped by border patrol.

Come at me bro.

• 5 months later...
4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@ReggieCamp I was about to come in here freaking out/guns blazing after seeing this thread bumped, assuming that he'd been incapable last even 2 months into the offseason without making a catastrophic decision. Never happier to have been wrong!

exactly the same.

My stomach dropped when I saw this up there.

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@ReggieCamp I was about to come in here freaking out/guns blazing after seeing this thread bumped, assuming that he'd been incapable last even 2 months into the offseason without making a catastrophic decision. Never happier to have been wrong!

I was about to come in here freaking out/guns blazing ready to rip a poster a new one for not being able to read correctly assuming someone misread the new information(Dropped) as him getting a citation. And then I realized the thread had 15 pages and someone was just posting the update in an old thread.

Archived