Here we go, Calloway reportedly cited for Marijuana posession

DizzyDean

Was incredibly disappointed to hear this news, but not surprised. Many people thought the birth of his daughter was the event that would turn his life around. As a generally optimistic person, I'd hoped this would be the case. However, personally - and some of you had heard me argue this before - I feared that family and support would not be enough to change things. This shows me that the guy has a problem and needs some help. Much like Josh Gordon, millions of dollars and a baby daughter are not enough motivation for him to quit these detrimental habits, because this is an issue that transcends conventional thinking. I hope the Browns recognize this and not only continue to give the young man a chance to prosper, but also provide him with the help he needs to succeed.

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 4:05 PM, MWil23 said:

Dorsey, turns out not everyone is smart enough to stay on the straight and narrow like Hill was at KC. Reaping what he’s sown. The kid is clueless.

These problems are not entirely cause by intelligence, or lack thereof. Dude's hooked on the party lifestyle in someway or another, and that needs to be addressed.

Sometimes the best therapy is rock bottom. After that the psychologists, psychiatrists, friends and family can help.Before people can move on they have to own their crap. AA starts with owning your problem. It is from this point that help can be effective. 

I think Gordon has hit rock bottom and is on the way up, i hope he returns to the team soon. If he isn't there by week 3 of the pre season my opinion will be further developed that he thinks of himself as bigger than the Browns. 

5 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Sometimes the best therapy is rock bottom. After that the psychologists, psychiatrists, friends and family can help.Before people can move on they have to own their crap. AA starts with owning your problem. It is from this point that help can be effective. 

I think Gordon has hit rock bottom and is on the way up, i hope he returns to the team soon. If he isn't there by week 3 of the pre season my opinion will be further developed that he thinks of himself as bigger than the Browns. 

Concur. To add to your point, I think the greater the consequence, the greater the lesson learned (To an extent, of course). Rock bottom is often that consequence (or straw) that breaks the camel's back. Someone is his position can't just KNOW he *needs* to cut out the bad habits, he's gotta WANT it, otherwise it always creeps back in and there's no possibility of preventing that.

13 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

These problems are not entirely cause by intelligence, or lack thereof. Dude's hooked on the party lifestyle in someway or another, and that needs to be addressed.

Most humans use drugs to cope with pain, physical or psychological/mental...

While it may be more of a party type thing... based on Antonio's past filled with many childhood traumas it's likely marijuana is mostly used as a pain reliever and mental calmer.

It's ridiculous that a lot of these guys can't put down the lettuce long enough to cash in on 10s of millions of dollars, but without weed many don't have effective coping mechanisms for mental stress relief...

Teaching those new habits is the majority of the battle..

I think it's kind of rude to crucify someone for their life choices. It's not like he's peddling meth. He's smoking weed. As fans it drives us freaking crazy because we want to see him succeed on the field, but he really doesn't owe it to us to not smoke weed. If he wants to screw up his life, that's his prerogative. It sucks as fans of the Browns, but he's the one that suffers the most from his actions. If he doesn't care enough about his NFL career to stop smoking weed, that's on him.

Also, it was a freaking 4th round pick. Even if he does get into trouble routinely, it's not like we took him in the 1st round or something. The 4th round is where you take chances. We took a chance. It's no indictment on John Dorsey that he tried to get a steal...and still might have when it's all said and done.

20 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Most humans use drugs to cope with pain, physical or psychological/mental...

While it may be more of a party type thing... based on Antonio's past filled with many childhood traumas it's likely marijuana is mostly used as a pain reliever and mental calmer.

It's ridiculous that a lot of these guys can't put down the lettuce long enough to cash in on 10s of millions of dollars, but without weed many don't have effective coping mechanisms for mental stress relief...

Teaching those new habits is the majority of the battle..

Winning the battle of the mind is a heck of a thing. I have some bizarre and terrible thoughts running through my mind at times, most people do. 

It has tell me ages to overcome that. 

If he is using weed to cope it sucks and I hope he overcomes those demons without weed. If you need substances you aren’t free. 

Weed turns the sound down but it doesn’t cure the underlying problems.

Calloway smokes weed because every good receiver has some sort of vice. Terrell Owens had too much pride. Marvin Harrison was cool with murder. Jerry Rice is addicted to being the lamest old man. Calloway/Gordon like drugs. There's no deep dive on this. Good receivers like "bad" things. It's the way of the world. 

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Also, have you guys every smoked weed?  

You don’t sit and enjoy the release of pain and agony, you sit and wonder if the “s” or the “c” is silent in “scent” other other similar nonsense 

**** which one is silent 

4 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Calloway smokes weed because every good receiver has some sort of vice. Terrell Owens had too much pride. Marvin Harrison was cool with murder. Jerry Rice is addicted to being the lamest old man. Calloway/Gordon like drugs. There's no deep dive on this. Good receivers like "bad" things. It's the way of the world. 

Michael Irvin liked coke and hookers, Plaxico liked shooting himself, Randy Moss liked hitting cops with his car.....

You may be on to something my friend.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Also, have you guys every smoked weed?  

You don’t sit and enjoy the release of pain and agony, you sit and wonder if the “s” or the “c” is silent in “scent” other other similar nonsense 

It's not nonsense when you are high though. It is very thought provoking.

To be honest, it always magnified my pain so I couldn't use it as a pain reliever. It does speed up your heart rate considerably which I suppose could speed up the healing process (not a doctor) and it can also keep you chilling at your place instead of going out and chasing an adrenaline rush so it can certainly be the lesser of two "evils". 

Sorry if that didn't make sense. I'm a little high right now. (joking, I'm at work)

So I'm really high!

joking.

not high at all.

Archived