Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

This was a tough call, I would have offered the 2 #1's and CMIII. Still probably not enough as Clay would be a one year rental at 11 million (bad deal).

Hopefully, Mack is happy with the money and gets lazy and ineffective, but I doubt it. Bak and Bulaga will need to be on point against this Bears defense.

Would Mack have been the missing piece to a another championship in Green Bay, we will never know.

Hoping Bears send Roquan Smith and lots of draft capital to the Raiders.

It stinks that he went to an in division rival. However, put me in the camp that thought the Packers giving up two first round picks plus, and that contract was too much.  If you believe everything that Ian Rapoport says  it looks like two first round picks was the minimum and will likely be more. He also stated that the contract is expected to eclipse Aaron Donald‘s new contract. Based off that info the deal makes a bit more sense for the Bears who have their QB on a rookie contract. 

So we were looking to go all in with some suited face cards and the Bears decided to go all in with a 6-8 off suited.

Makes them better but still, don't come close to fearing Chicago. Now they are paying out a franchise QB contract and have no 1st round picks for the next 2 years. We're still not done hearing what they gave up apparently. Glad Gute walked.

Mack to a non SB contender didn't make sense to me.

Time to make mock drafts with 2 first round picks.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

So we were looking to go all in with some suited face cards and the Bears decided to go all in with a 6-8 off suited.

Makes them better but still, don't come close to fearing Chicago. Now they are paying out a franchise QB contract and have no 1st round picks for the next 2 years. We're still not done hearing what they gave up apparently. Glad Gute walked.

Mack to a non SB contender didn't make sense to me.

Time to make mock drafts with 2 first round picks.

How would you feel about making a trade for Earl Thomas? He fills another need on this team at safety but at a much cheaper potential cost. What would be the going price for Thomas right now? First round pick? Second round pick? You would have to pay him but his contract wouldn’t be anywhere near what you would have to pay Mack.

1 minute ago, Lieker said:

How would you feel about making a trade for Earl Thomas? He fills another need on this team at safety but at a much cheaper potential cost. What would be the going price for Thomas right now? First round pick? Second round pick? You would have to pay him but his contract wouldn’t be anywhere near what you would have to pay Mack.

I'd do it for 1 first

2 minutes ago, Lieker said:

Is he holding out or is he in camp?

Pushing HHCD to SS and Thomas to FS would improve both positions.  

2 minutes ago, Lieker said:

I wouldn't give a 1 for Thomas but say a 3 and a conditional pick next year that could get as high as a 2 based on performance, yeah I could get behind that. HHCD, Thomas, King, Jackson, Alexander? That makes me tingle.

I like what the Raiders did here provided they hit on those picks, Gruden looks to be on a 3-5yr plan for a serious SB contender. From the Bears prospective this doesn't make sense to me. This team was ranked 9th in defense last year I believe and you give up what will likely be in the 15-8pick range and a player or more to move up to say number 7 or so in defense. I'm not sure how much this helps their SB or even division chances. They are really banking on Trubisky being amazing in the next 1-3yrs we shall see.

Archived