Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

9 minutes ago, Beast said:

I heard a rumor that the Raiders/Packers are attempting to work out a deal for Mack

Raiders suggested two 1st round picks = Packers said no

Packers countered with a 1st round pick and Matthews = Raiders said no

Raiders countered with a 1st round pick and Kenny Clark = Packers said no

And they're continuing to see if they can work out some sort of agreement.

Also the Packers are checking the market to see what they could get for a couple of players including Matthews... which if they could get a 1st for him from some other team, then they might turn around and trade two 1st to the Raiders for Mack. But there are reportedly some other players other than just Matthews they're checking what they might get for them.

I love CM3 but no way anyone gives up a 1st for him. He's a good fit likely in any system but first good luck. We'd be lucky if a team would give up a 3-4th for him just cause of his age likely. I'm sure they would determine value with other teams on CM3.

Lol.  If we traded Kenny Clark and a first round pick for Khalil Mack I would make Thompson haters look like Thompson groupies in comparison to how much I'd hate Gute.

Trading a 22-year-old elite defensive lineman and an unknown first round pick for a 27-year-old elite pass rusher would be one of the very worst trades in a long history of bad trades.  

4 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Yes. Both teams shared the complete transcripts of their private discussions and who said what about each trade possibility 
Kinda surprised we didn't hear what they were wearing and what they ordered for lunch

Haven't been able to confirm yet, but I've heard rumors Gute's wife packed him ham and swiss on wheat bread. He also likes those Cool Ranch Doritos. I hear he's close to sending his Chocolate Snackpack pudding to Ted for Ted's Chip's Ahoys. 

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  If we traded Kenny Clark and a first round pick for Khalil Mack I would make Thompson haters look like Thompson groupies in comparison to how much I'd hate Gute.

Trading a 22-year-old elite defensive lineman and an unknown first round pick for a 27-year-old elite pass rusher would be one of the very worst trades in a long history of bad trades.  

Im 27 and you make me feel like I'm close to death with how ridiculously old you make Mack sound.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Im 27 and you make me feel like I'm close to death with how ridiculously old you make Mack sound.

It's not entirely about age.  It's trading an elite player plus an unknown first round pick for an elite player. 

In what world does that make any sense?  Even if they were exactly the same age, it doesn't make sense.  Get worse in the middle to get better on the EDGE?  You were the one arguing earlier in the year that an argument could be made that interior pass rush is worth more than exterior pass rush. 

Add it all together, man.  Quit picking out tiny details and look at the whole sum.

22 versus 27.
Elite versus elite plus first round pick.
3 more years at 4 million, 1.5 million, 5 million versus 21 million, 21 million, 21 million.

It would be a damned stupid trade. 

Put it this way...

Would you rather have:

-22 year old elite defensive player on the front 7
-Two first round picks
-Less than 5 million cap hit for 3 years

--OR--

-27 year old elite defensive player on the front 7
-One first round pick
-Over 21 million in cap hit over the next three years

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

It's not entirely about age.  It's trading an elite player plus an unknown first round pick for an elite player. 

In what world does that make any sense?  Even if they were exactly the same age, it doesn't make sense.  Get worse in the middle to get better on the EDGE?  You were the one arguing earlier in the year that an argument could be made that interior pass rush is worth more than exterior pass rush. 

Add it all together, man.  Quit picking out tiny details and look at the whole sum.

22 versus 27.
Elite versus elite plus first round pick.
3 more years at 4 million, 1.5 million, 5 million versus 21 million, 21 million, 21 million.

It would be a damned stupid trade. 

Put it this way...

Would you rather have:

-22 year old elite defensive player on the front 7
-Two first round picks
-Less than 5 million cap hit for 3 years

--OR--

-27 year old elite defensive player on the front 7
-One first round pick
-Over 21 million in cap hit over the next three years

I never said anything about trading Clark for Mack, would I do it if we were a projected 5-11 team? Hell yeah. No sense in creating a hole to fill one as a SB contender though.

You just have repeatedly brought up the fact Mack is 27 in this thread. That isn't old. Clay is old. Mack is like 5 years (a whole contract extension) away from that.

You just have repeatedly brought up the fact Mack is 27 in this thread. That isn't old. Clay is old. Mack is like 5 years (a whole contract extension) away from that.

Interesting you use Clay.  Clay was considered on Mack's level at 27 years old. 

What if Mack does what Clay did after turning 27?  Is Clay Matthews from 27 to 32 worth two first round picks? 

I never said anything about trading Clark for Mack, would I do it if we were a projected 5-11 team? Hell yeah. No sense in creating a hole to fill one as a SB contender though.

Wait... If you were a 5-11 team trying to rebuild, you'd make a hole to fill one while losing 5 years of production?  That makes even less sense. 

1 hour ago, Beast said:

I heard a rumor that the Raiders/Packers are attempting to work out a deal for Mack

Raiders suggested two 1st round picks = Packers said no

Packers countered with a 1st round pick and Matthews = Raiders said no

Raiders countered with a 1st round pick and Kenny Clark = Packers said no

And they're continuing to see if they can work out some sort of agreement.

Also the Packers are checking the market to see what they could get for a couple of players including Matthews... which if they could get a 1st for him from some other team, then they might turn around and trade two 1st to the Raiders for Mack. But there are reportedly some other players other than just Matthews they're checking what they might get for them.

LOL

54 minutes ago, Norm said:

Not sure if serious

I'm serious that I heard that rumor... as far as the validity of said rumor, I have ZERO CLUE. It could be complete BS... but if it's BS it sounds like semi reasonable BS.

52 minutes ago, Siman08/OH said:

If serious, this is crazy intel. I would like to keep Matthews at this point but whatever works for Mack.

I'd like to keep Matthews, Perry and Mack all together for a year too.

51 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

I love CM3 but no way anyone gives up a 1st for him. He's a good fit likely in any system but first good luck. We'd be lucky if a team would give up a 3-4th for him just cause of his age likely. I'm sure they would determine value with other teams on CM3.

I agree, no one is giving up a 1st for him, but my point was that could be trying to turn players into picks and package the picks for Mack as some sort of three way trade or back-to-back type trades.

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Speaking of Packers Facebook, this is about Rodgers not Mack so wrong thread, but: 

I hate people like this. I bet she a lazy ***** with no job. OMG I can barely afford my house on my zero dollar a year salary plus benefits. Gimme free money businesses!!! I earned it!

Archived