Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

There's going to be one more significant development for us before the season starts, but it ain't gonna be Mack. 

I'm not so sure it won't be Mack.  I'm leaning further away from it with each passing day and I'd sure like to know what he's doing now to get in football shape because he hasn't been seen or heard from on a football field since 12/31/2017.  Can any team really expect him to jump right in and contribute day one?  

Just now, eyecatcher said:

Can any team really expect him to jump right in and contribute day one?  

No.  Certainly not as a starter.  Maybe as a situational pass rusher for a few plays.  That's another point that continues to be neglected here.

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Wait... If you were a 5-11 team trying to rebuild, you'd make a hole to fill one while losing 5 years of production?  That makes even less sense. 

Mack is a far superior player to Clark, let's be real. Clark profiles as an elite run defending, average pass rush DL. He's not Geno Atkins, Aaron Donald, Gerald McCoy.

Mack is the best EDGE player in the NFL.

Getting Mack for Clark and a 1st is totally a win for the team getting Mack. It just makes no sense for a contender. If I have a few years to build to the point of being a contender, damn right I pull the trigger. 

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I could see that .. pretty sure Gute is going to make a move for a veteran offensive tackle.  

I think that our tackle needs could be solved by grabbing someone who doesn't make a 53. We really only need OT depth, a swing, and that's if Murphy is injured.

8 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I think that our tackle needs could be solved by grabbing someone who doesn't make a 53. We really only need OT depth, a swing, and that's if Murphy is injured.

I think we need a guy that can play LT in case Bak goes down.  I don't trust Murphy or Spriggs to adequately fill that hole if injury strikes.  Oops .. kind of getting off topic a bit.

1 minute ago, moretti19 said:

I would honestly send the two 1st round picks right now for Mack. The picks will most likely both be in the 20s and we are guaranteed to have a all pro player this year in a position that has been a weakness.

You just don't want to wind up bidding against yourself and giving up too much.  If that's what it truly takes to get it done I'm fine with it, but there may be a chance that he ends up going for less the longer this plays out.

44 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

Can any team really expect him to jump right in and contribute day one?  

Based on reports he is in shape and ready to play. And one could argue that Pettine's defense would absolutely allow him to start and play immediately  One of the selling points of the defense has been that its less about scheme, and more about the players.

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

You just don't want to wind up bidding against yourself and giving up too much.  If that's what it truly takes to get it done I'm fine with it, but there may be a chance that he ends up going for less the longer this plays out.

Completely understand and agree, Gute would be the man if that went through.

6 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Hate to do it but I'm willing to trade Fackrell, Kumerow, and a 1st for Mack. May even throw in Kyle Murphy to sweeten the deal. It's a tough pill to swallow but for Mack it's worth it

No way I'm giving up Fack.  Fack and Mack would be the scariest Edge rushing combo in the league.

58 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Mack is a far superior player to Clark, let's be real. Clark profiles as an elite run defending, average pass rush DL. He's not Geno Atkins, Aaron Donald, Gerald McCoy.

Mack is the best EDGE player in the NFL.

Getting Mack for Clark and a 1st is totally a win for the team getting Mack. It just makes no sense for a contender. If I have a few years to build to the point of being a contender, damn right I pull the trigger. 

Why would you want to get older if you're a few years away?

Archived