Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Mack is a far superior player to Clark, let's be real. Clark profiles as an elite run defending, average pass rush DL. He's not Geno Atkins, Aaron Donald, Gerald McCoy.

Mack is the best EDGE player in the NFL.

Getting Mack for Clark and a 1st is totally a win for the team getting Mack. It just makes no sense for a contender. If I have a few years to build to the point of being a contender, damn right I pull the trigger. 

Kenny Clark is a lot better than you seem to realize. You only seem to be focused on pass rush and not the entire player. What you fail the realize is that Clark is making life a hell lot easier for his teammates. Clark is in the top 10 DTs in the NFL last year (according to PFF)... he's not yet in the top 5 but he's not even 23 years old yet either... still a growing boy.

McCoy can put up a lot of sacks, but he's not even top 10 last year. The Raiders thought Clark and a 1st was better than Mack and so did the Packers because they didn't pull the trigger.

2 hours ago, Beast said:

I heard a rumor that the Raiders/Packers are attempting to work out a deal for Mack

Raiders suggested two 1st round picks = Packers said no

Packers countered with a 1st round pick and Matthews = Raiders said no

Raiders countered with a 1st round pick and Kenny Clark = Packers said no

And they're continuing to see if they can work out some sort of agreement.

Also the Packers are checking the market to see what they could get for a couple of players including Matthews... which if they could get a 1st for him from some other team, then they might turn around and trade two 1st to the Raiders for Mack. But there are reportedly some other players other than just Matthews they're checking what they might get for them.

You heard it here worst. 

9 minutes ago, Beast said:

Kenny Clark is a lot better than you seem to realize. You only seem to be focused on pass rush and not the entire player. What you fail the realize is that Clark is making life a hell lot easier for his teammates. Clark is in the top 10 DTs in the NFL last year (according to PFF)... he's not yet in the top 5 but he's not even 23 years old yet either... still a growing boy.

McCoy can put up a lot of sacks, but he's not even top 10 last year. The Raiders thought Clark and a 1st was better than Mack and so did the Packers because they didn't pull the trigger.

No Clark is exactly what I said, elite run defender, average rusher.

He's somewhere 8-10 in DL rankings.

8-10th best DL is not more valuable than the best EDGE rusher.

That said I already said I wouldn't accept that deal in the Packers current state as we need Clark badly this year.

So since the numbers on the Rodgers contract are more or less in, and it has not opened up oodles of cap space in the near term, I'm left to wonder "how would the Packers pay Mack if they traded for him".  Like I get "you can always make more space" but in this case it seems tricky to pay a guy who wants/deserves like $20m per.

44 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

No Clark is exactly what I said, elite run defender, average rusher.

He's somewhere 8-10 in DL rankings.

8-10th best DL is not more valuable than the best EDGE rusher.

That said I already said I wouldn't accept that deal in the Packers current state as we need Clark badly this year.

I wouldn't accept that deal period, almost regardless of the team.  Clark's 23 with two more cheap years + his 5th year option.  A top 10 DT with a cap hit < $3 million + a 1st round pick in a loaded EDGE draft?  There's 0 chance I do that even for the best EDGE rusher, given Mack will make nearly 10 times what Clark does for the next two years.  Mack's a monster, but that's just not a winning move IMO.

19 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

So since the numbers on the Rodgers contract are more or less in, and it has not opened up oodles of cap space in the near term, I'm left to wonder "how would the Packers pay Mack if they traded for him".  Like I get "you can always make more space" but in this case it seems tricky to pay a guy who wants/deserves like $20m per.

Tap the triangle button really really fast while you push the circle button once. Then hit the square button six times and the problem is solved.

That's been my point and no one has an answer other than "it'll be ok." Hard to argue that logic

10 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Tap the triangle button really really fast while you push the circle button once. Then hit the square button six times and the problem is solved.

That's been my point and no one has an answer other than "it'll be ok." Hard to argue that logic

Nobody has ever been in cap hell.

Real thing I read.

10 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

I wouldn't accept that deal period, almost regardless of the team.  Clark's 23 with two more cheap years + his 5th year option.  A top 10 DT with a cap hit < $3 million + a 1st round pick in a loaded EDGE draft?  There's 0 chance I do that even for the best EDGE rusher, given Mack will make nearly 10 times what Clark does for the next two years.  Mack's a monster, but that's just not a winning move IMO.

I agree. Clark with three more relatively cheap years and being only 22 is more valuable to GB then a 27 year old Mack who will have to be paid the most in NFL history on his side of the ball. Clark in any deal is a non starter for me.

Archived