Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

3 minutes ago, jleisher said:

Fair!  However, if the Raiders want the two #1 picks and the Packers only want to give up one.  To get a deal done, you have to offer something you normally wouldn't want to offer.

That's why I'd give them the other 1st. If it was Daniels or the other 1st, that's an easy one for me.

4 minutes ago, Brad gluckman said:

Why not? He wants the most money he can get (and he should)

He’s going to get paid out the wazoo either way. I highly doubt he’s going to want to spend the next 4-5 years not even sniffing .500 when he can take a little less and contend for Lombardi’s.  

19 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

He’s going to get paid out the wazoo either way. I highly doubt he’s going to want to spend the next 4-5 years not even sniffing .500 when he can take a little less and contend for Lombardi’s.  

I guess it depends on the person. I dont know a lot about Mack. Some guys dont care about winning nearly as much as money. 

3 minutes ago, Brad gluckman said:

I guess it depends on the person. I dont know a lot about Mack. Some guys dont care about winning nearly as much as money. 

That's most / almost all ... when you're talking 100 million. You give me that type of money and I'll play for the Vikings, Lions or Bears.

But I think they need to keep at least one 1st for next year, because it's looking like a great draft year. I would almost be more willing to give a 1st from a future year than next year.

It's way too early to pin anything down, but we can toss out possibilities to compare. Probably a mute exercise because of the sentiment of this crowd but....

Jalen Jelks and Michael Deiter are guys we could come away with using our 2 first rounders without trading up (yea it's early). We could have both of them, and they would be 80 million dollars cheaper

Maybe get a Safety in the second round and that's quite a haul ---- and more importantly 3 starters on rookie deals. 

Guys, it's not happening.  Now that there's a "robust" trade market for Mack, some team is just going to offer two firsts (next year and the following year) or a first and a 2nd. 

Trading Mack to a crappy team (top 10 pick), where he won't win any Super Bowls, is ALWAYS going to be better than trading him to a great team where it could go down as an embarrassing trade if he wins a Super Bowl. 

The Browns, Jets and a bunch of other teams make more sense for the Raiders than we do, and we're not going to get into a bidding war of draft picks. 

27 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Guys, it's not happening.  Now that there's a "robust" trade market for Mack, some team is just going to offer two firsts (next year and the following year) or a first and a 2nd. 

Trading Mack to a crappy team (top 10 pick), where he won't win any Super Bowls, is ALWAYS going to be better than trading him to a great team where it could go down as an embarrassing trade if he wins a Super Bowl. 

The Browns, Jets and a bunch of other teams make more sense for the Raiders than we do, and we're not going to get into a bidding war of draft picks. 

Yep. Gruden's the guy running the show and he's got a comfy 10yr deal so I don't think he'd mind taking draft picks over multiple years rather than just having GB give them 2 1sts in 2019. If a team like the Browns or Jets are really serious about Mack, they stand to have a more appealing offer. Their 1st/2nd rd picks over the next few years will undoubtedly be more valuable than 2 late 1sts that GB can offer

47 minutes ago, Brad gluckman said:

That’s true. I just can’t remember a player of his caliber in his prime agreeing to be traded (or maybe even signing in FA) to the league’s worst/most embarrassing team before.  

38 minutes ago, cannondale said:

It's way too early to pin anything down, but we can toss out possibilities to compare. Probably a mute exercise because of the sentiment of this crowd but.... 

It is mind-bottling when the crowd is full of pre-madonnas. 

Archived