Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

Okay.........
Well, didnt think it would happen. Not because it couldnt and not so much because of the draft picks - those we could have lived with not having by having him on our roster - but for the cash going forward together with (what I anticipated) would be ARs footprints on our CAP. Only downside for me - its CHI - so we have to play the guy twice a year - and coupled with their last (for awhile.....) #1 draft pick - they've got themselves a pair of pretty fast LBs that we'll be contending with. Oh well.

I'm kind of glad we didn't get Mack, price would've been to steep and we need those picks next year to fill holes on the OL and Pass rush. At the end of the day it's a QB driven league and Mack can't throw for over 300 yards and 5 touchdowns against us. Rodgers could. If this defense can hold teams under 21 we win this Division Mack or no Mack. Gute needs to make a deal for Ray or some other OLB's via trade or waivers, Time to move on from  Biegal andFackrell, it's much better talent out there.

This deal for me is a lot like the Jared Allen deal for Minnesota.

Sure, a talented pass rusher that will challenge our tackles, but it is also a deal that will handicap the bears rebuild.  It seems to me it will slot the bears into the upper part of the middle third of the league, and make them dependent on trying to fill the roster by trying to hit on lower round draft picks.

Archived