Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

That will be a decent defence that’s for sure and they will make us earn every point. Sometimes the best deals are the ones that don’t get done. I can fully undertand why Gute went into it though. With that said next year will be very interesting we gain a boat load of cap and can resign Clay and Cobb at reasonable rates if we want and plus draft capital or let CM and Cobb walk and look at the FA market. GB is in great position. 

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

All I'm saying is that I can see the logic behind CHI's plan here.  They have a young QB who they know has to get better for the Mack trade to pay off.  It's not unreasonable to think he will.

Agreed. I hate it but I can at least appreciate the Bears going for it while they got their young QB cheap. Bring as much elite talent in as you can while you have that window and hope to strike gold

Let's not pretend like Goff didn't have talent. 

Evidence:

Jeff Fisher head coach of Rams.

Case Keenum - 13:10 TD:INT in 14 starts for Rams.
Case Keenum - 22:7 TD:INT in 14 starts for Vikings.

Nick Foles - 7:10 TD:INT in 11 starts for Rams.
Nick Foles - 54:19 TD:INT in 28 starts for other teams.

Jared Goff - 5:7 TD:INT in 7 starts for Fisher.
Jared Goff - 28:7 TD:INT in 15 starts for McVay.

Look at Kirk's last season compared to the two previous seasons in which McVay was the head coach. 

Good for Chicago. The league is better when they are too. They are going full Jaguars/vikings though.

Not too worried as those 2 1st could of been better then just one Mack (more so with how they have been drafting as of late). But also GB has the best QB and pass protecting LT... we should be able to handle it.

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

If Trubisky is real, then the Bears have had an absolutely fantastic off-season. This could and should be a top 5 defense

They will be a good defense that’s for sure which will make life allot easier for the Offense there. They have much more wiggle room they don’t have to be perfect. Really sucks would have preferred out of our div. 

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

Good for Chicago. The league is better when they are too. They are going full Jaguars/vikings though.

Not too worried as those 2 1st could of been better then just one Mack (more so with how they have been drafting as of late). But also GB has the best QB and pass protecting LT... we should be able to handle it.

People are really overlooking Bak.

Just now, deltarich87 said:

Agreed. I hate it but I can at least appreciate the Bears going for it while they got their young QB cheap. Bring as much elite talent in as you can while you have that window and hope to strike gold

What window?  The Bears don't have a window. 

We don't even know what the Bears gave up.  What if the Bears gave up a different piece on that front 7 plus 2 first round picks? 

The Bears aren't getting anything significant out of Mack in the 7 days they have him before the season starts.  He's missed all of training camp, all of the preseason.  People say he's fit.  Okay, every NFL player could be fit if they sat out the entire preseason.  Being fit is not synonymous with being NFL season fit, or even NFL game fit. 

Their first two games are against the Packers and Seahawks.  Their last four games are against the Rams, Packers, Vikings and Niners.  They also play the Patriots.  With a first year head coach. 

They're out of the big free agent market next year due to signing Mack, and they're out of HUGE draft capital. 

The Bears are not in a position to make this trade.  Teams in position to make this trade are the Saints, Packers, Colts, Patriots, Steelers... Teams with a PROVEN QB and a PROVEN head coach who are USED to having low first round draft capital. 

Archived