Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

2 hours ago, Kenrik said:

I'd rather not trade for him but I think you're over valueing Mack with his situation. Adams just signed a longterm decently team friendly deal. Mack is holding out and asking for 20+ million. Dont compare Adams because GB would have ALL the leverage in a Adams trade. With Mack holding out until he gets paid and Reggie McKenzie stating that he doesn't negotiate with players unless they show up doesn't put Oakland in the best position from a leverage stand point. 

The 32nd and 30th pick would get us up to pick number 11. With a very skilled pass rushing class I would rather take the longterm approach. Plus the draft would be really exciting to watch.

Okay pretend Adams held out then...

Just now, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Fourteen pages of this nonsense. The earth has a better chance of being struck by a giant asteroid. Pink and blue unicorns will blossom from Gute's butt before he trades for Mack. 

Seems like you'll be joining @Norm with getting a tattoo of Gute's *** on your face when he pulls off this trade.

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah I'd deal Adams for a 1st and a 3rd. No WR is worth that, especially with Aaron.

Seriously? But draft picks aren't proven players and usually bust and he's a proven player?

Yeah I wouldn't be happy doing that.

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I can get a WR in just about any round. That's the difference, good pass rushers usually go top 15.

I get that. I don't think I risk it for that compensation. Not to mention you lose a developed player to have to develop one

25 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Fourteen pages of this nonsense. The earth has a better chance of being struck by a giant asteroid. Pink and blue unicorns will blossom from Gute's butt before he trades for Mack. 

There's a meme here chaaaaaarlieeeee

17 hours ago, Beast said:

Ascending or descending, non-premium, important... those are OPINIONS... that are not necessary based on facts.

Also Pettine's system is based around being able to cover WRs with the minimum amount of players, then using extra guys up front to use overloads and/or tricks to get one on ones and put pressure on the front. Which means Pettine risks more on having good coverage guys, so in his system the coverage guys that can shut someone down (like Earl Thomas has) are the premium positions. 

Plus both Mack and Thomas are demanding top of their position contracts... for Safeties that's 13 million, for Edge players that's 19 million. Also Mack is rumored about TWO 1st round picks, where Thomas is NO 1st round picks.... so yes, if those rumored price tags are correct, I MUCH MUCH MMMMMMUCH rather have the one that saves me both a 1st round pick, $6 million dollars.

AND if you were to look at this 2019 draft, it's LOADED with DL and OLBers... we might be able to get a 22 year old 1st round rookie on a cheap rookie contract, or a 27 year old on a 19 million dollar contract.

You are clearly missing the fact that Mack is one of best defensive players in football and Earl Thomas is just a good football player. Of the two, Mack has the potential to put you over the top. 

15 hours ago, Norm said:

Okay, give up two firsts, Clay, cut Cobb and probably another young player. Then get Mack. See how that works out. It's not an automatic home run. 

We didn't have to give anything but money to White. That's why it happened and partially why it worked. We didn't hurt our team more than cap room 

Don't think there's a chance they trade him regardless. And we are way under estimating value

Does anyone even know if Khalil Mack even has any genuine interest to play here and sign an extension?

9 minutes ago, cooters22 said:

Does anyone even know if Khalil Mack even has any genuine interest to play here and sign an extension?

I asked this as well. It's always assumed though. Sunshine and rainbows

Archived