Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

35 minutes ago, Norm said:

I asked this as well. It's always assumed though. Sunshine and rainbows

It's not really an important question when thinking about a trade. He'll be spoken to before a deal is struck and there will be an agreement before it's a trade. Gute's not just going to trade for him and then call him up to talk contract. If he doesn't want a deal here, there is no trade.

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's not really an important question when thinking about a trade. He'll be spoken to before a deal is struck and there will be an agreement before it's a trade. Gute's not just going to trade for him and then call him up to talk contract. If he doesn't want a deal here, there is no trade.

How stupid you think I am exactly?

2 hours ago, Golfman said:

First of all, you don't do this trade without a long-term deal in place for this guy. Second, the reality is those two first round picks are likely in the mid-twenties next year. You aren't going to touch a guy like Mack with either of those two picks. 

Again, it's the cost of four or more players... not just two. Also it's so easy to give stuff up when currently it's only a piece of paper. Would you give up WR Adams, OLB Matthews, CB Alexander and CB Jackson for edge Mack?

1 hour ago, cooters22 said:

You are clearly missing the fact that Mack is one of best defensive players in football and Earl Thomas is just a good football player. Of the two, Mack has the potential to put you over the top. 

I'm not missing that at all, except that you're underrating Thomas because he keeps his mouth shut while the other Seahawks DBs run their mouths and get all the attention and hype... but if you watch the film Thomas has been covering up his teammates errors for almost a decade. It's sure not perfect, but it's the best we got... PFF graded both Mack and Thomas out with a 90.2 grade last year.

1 hour ago, cooters22 said:

Does anyone even know if Khalil Mack even has any genuine interest to play here and sign an extension?

Nope, everyone is just working under the assumption that Mack would love to be a Packers player in Wisconsin and that he'd stay fully healthy and everything would be sunshine and rainbows... you know it'll be like the mix of Aaron Rodgers and JJ Watt where they'll never ever get injured and always live up to the expensive contract... whoops. I guess even the expensive contracts guys can get injured too... just like Collins and Shields, but no one wants to talk about anything but the perfect side of it.

Just like the Cobb contract... when everyone was gun-ho that we HAVE TO pay Cobb, the Packers need Cobb, he was totally worth the big contract too... except he wasn't...

Fans always want to throw big money around and go after the big names... the money isn't important, the draft picks aren't important, only big names are important.

For the first time in my history here the thought out, calm people are the ones for a trade.

The caps locked, over generalizing, put everyone in the same exaggerated box crowd is the against crowd.

Usually it's the opposite. Half of us were firing Ted in caps lock while the others talked them off the ledge.

Gute is changing things.

12 minutes ago, ugLymayNe said:

Is this going to be Gute's version of "HE SHOULD HAVE TRADED FOR MOSS! DAMNIT TEMPSON!" If it happens, great, but it will be hard to get a front loaded deal with around 6 million in cap space.

Nobody will even get mad when we don't do it. Watch lol

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

For the first time in my history here the thought out, calm people are the ones for a trade.

The caps locked, over generalizing, put everyone in the same exaggerated box crowd is the against crowd.

Usually it's the opposite. Half of us were firing Ted in caps lock while the others talked them off the ledge.

Gute is changing things.

Wait what.

The people who wanted this stuff still want it.

7 minutes ago, Norm said:

How stupid you think I am exactly?

We've been over this before Norm....

"Well, you see, Norm, it’s like this. A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it’s the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.

And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

4 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

We've been over this before Norm....

"Well, you see, Norm, it’s like this. A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it’s the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.

And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

I told this to my gf last time. She didn't think it was as funny as me 

Archived