Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

Just now, HighCalebR said:

That's his life passion. Let the light shine on.

Can’t argue that.

It’s so tough on any subjective view of who is better x or y.

Use facts share have open mind see it for what it is. I ve tried the convince thing it doesn’t work. Just put a thought in and do some more reading. Great veiws all around on this site. 

22 minutes ago, incognito_man said:
4 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Are we actually arguing that clay Matthews prime was as good as Mack is right now? LMAO

Recency bias right here

Are you kidding? Clay was a top 3 edge rusher in his prime. Mack is the bet edge player in the NFL

2 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Are you kidding? Clay was a top 3 edge rusher in his prime. Mack is the bet edge player in the NFL

Very subjective as to the rankings. was Von Miller not the top guy now it’s Mack. What separates them.

Mack is awesome but I wouldn’t say he’s the best he’s one of the best and there are a few right now that are elite and depending on each persons view they will be ranked accordingly by each your view considered. 

Packers spent a 2nd (41) + (2) 3rds (73 + 83)  =  900 pts That's equivalent to one 1st rounder ( # 18) for Clay

Bears spent (2) 1sts . The least those traded picks could be worth is about 1180 pts and that's only if they win back to back SBs. If they finish in the middle of the league, the points go up to 2000, and the most they could be worth would be about 3000 pts if the bears draft 8th like they did in 2018.
Add in the Kings Ransom and drafting a Star at pick 26 is clearly the winner... but I'd still love to have Mack too

1 minute ago, Shanedorf said:

Packers spent a 2nd (41) + (2) 3rds (73 + 83)  =  900 pts That's equivalent to one 1st rounder ( # 18) for Clay

Bears spent (2) 1sts . The least those traded picks could be worth is about 1180 pts and that's only if they win back to back SBs. If they finish in the middle of the league, the points go up to 2000, and the most they could be worth would be about 3000 pts if the bears draft 8th like they did in 2018.
Add in the Kings Ransom and drafting a Star at pick 26 is clearly the winner... but I'd still love to have Mack too

Don't forget about the 2nd they got back from Oakland.

9 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

CHI is getting the player 1 full year ahead of 1 of the 2 firsts and 2 full years ahead of the other 1st.  That should discount the draft pick value some.  

12 minutes ago, squire12 said:

CHI is getting the player 1 full year ahead of 1 of the 2 firsts and 2 full years ahead of the other 1st.  That should discount the draft pick value some.  

Sure, up until they don't go to the podium in round 1, 2 years in a row and their depth is shot because they aren't picking from the premium talent. Not to mention they are going to be in the QB market after next year. They won't give up on him after this year, and no ammunition to get a good QB prospect. 

They've got less cap money in the next 2 years than we do. 

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Sure, up until they don't go to the podium in round 1, 2 years in a row and their depth is shot because they aren't picking from the premium talent. Not to mention they are going to be in the QB market after next year. They won't give up on him after this year, and no ammunition to get a good QB prospect. 

They've got less cap money in the next 2 years than we do. 

Not sure I was stating anything other the valuing the draft picks given up in future years when the player you acquire is playing 1 and 2 years ahead of when those picks can be made makes the trade value chart somewhat out of proportion.

Just now, squire12 said:

Not sure I was stating anything other the valuing the draft picks given up in future years when the player you acquire is playing 1 and 2 years ahead of when those picks can be made makes the trade value chart somewhat out of proportion.

Yes, and according to how NFL people value future picks they lose a round in value over a year's time. I think my point was this trade does't make sense unless the Bears were on the brink of a Super Bowl and Mack was the piece they thought would put them over the top. The Bears with Mack are the Raiders last year. 

Why are people still arguing with Bear trolls? They finished 4 in s year AR missed 9 games. They essentially had a 00’s redskin/raider offseason, overpaying for mediocre starter. They will be 6-10 with a crappy qb and no picks, and cap space in 4 months. Post Carson Palmer Raiders

Archived