Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

Just now, TheBitzMan said:

Cobb has value but they would be fine with out him. Put Jimmy in the slot with G-Mo and Davante outside. O-line is a bigger question but so is Bulaga's health. Cutting Cobb/Bulaga to get Mack on an extension is a no-brainer. Have you watched this team in the playoffs the last few years?

You ignored the question that was asked:  What happens if Adams gets injured.  he will be targeted by defenses.

Acquiring Mack isn't the problem. Keeping him would be the problem. Giving a malcontent QB money wouldn't be high on my priority list. Him sitting out under the current circumstances speaks volumes about the man. He gets $14 million this year and can test the market next year and he is sitting out ?? Give me a break. Once a money chaser, always a money chaser

11 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Acquiring Mack isn't the problem. Keeping him would be the problem. Giving a malcontent QB money wouldn't be high on my priority list. Him sitting out under the current circumstances speaks volumes about the man. He gets $14 million this year and can test the market next year and he is sitting out ?? Give me a break. Once a money chaser, always a money chaser

What if he tears his ACL? His market will likely never be higher. Can't be mad at him for trying to cash in now. The NFL isn't forever.

1 minute ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

What if he tears his ACL? His market will likely never be higher. Can't be mad at him for trying to cash in now. The NFL isn't forever.

Other than the small detail of the contract he signed, I agree. No different than a million other guys who aren't causing headaches for their team. 

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Other than the small detail of the contract he signed, I agree. No different than a million other guys who aren't causing headaches for their team. 

He's played out the contract he signed. The team this year exercised a 5th year option that he had no choice in.

7 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

The fifth-year option applies to any player drafted in the 1st round. The player has no choice in the matter.

The 5th year option is in the contract he signed so how is it different than the previous 4 years of his contract.   After signing you lose your choice until becoming a free agent'

10 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

The 5th year option is in the contract he signed so how is it different than the previous 4 years of his contract.   After signing you lose your choice until becoming a free agent'

Obviously every 1st round pick knows it's out there, but it's not in the contract, you can either exercise it like we did for HHCD or not like we did for Perry. Mack had no choice in the matter. He'd rather be a FA obviously.

18 hours ago, Norm said:

Launch Madden.

Settings.

Salary cap: on

Switch

Salary cap: off

It's easy. I can do it.

Also I hate you all. This isn't real. If it is, the bet stands. I tattoo Gute on my ***.. His face

nah, if we land this trade, you gotta tattoo Gute's *** on your face

12 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Obviously every 1st round pick knows it's out there, but it's not in the contract, you can either exercise it like we did for HHCD or not like we did for Perry. Mack had no choice in the matter. He'd rather be a FA obviously.

I agree he'd rather be a FA but he's not.  That said I don't consider him a malcontent and would love to see him in Green Bay.  I don't much care for holding out under contract though.

2 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

I agree he'd rather be a FA but he's not.  That said I don't consider him a malcontent and would love to see him in Green Bay.  I don't much care for holding out under contract though.

Totally understand why he is holding out. He tears an achilles his value just dropped considerably. The only bargaining power these players get is a holdout and he has well played past his contract. Its one thing if you get a Julio Jones where he signs his big deal and then realizes half way in that other receivers are getting more but this is not the situation Mack is in he really didn't have a choice in the matter. 

I'm usually anti holdout but in the last year of contracts that a player has well outplayed I am fine with them. 

Archived