Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

3 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Since he didn't report, can the Raiders PUP him for the first 6 weeks?

No reason is there? Doesn't he stay on DNR as long as they want without counting, maybe I'm wrong. I'm never right about these things. Guy the other day was saying we have to cut or IR or something Madison by week 4...idk what's true anymore. World is fake news. Trump is right.

1 hour ago, TransientTexan said:

Jets' 1st could easily be in the top-10 by itself. They've gotten #6 three times in the last 5 years. 

This right here is reason enough to trade both 1sts for Mack. They’ve been top 10 picks 3 times and still suck.  Those two low 1st rounders aren’t pushing the Packers over the top. 

33 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

This right here is reason enough to trade both 1sts for Mack. They’ve been top 10 picks 3 times and still suck.  Those two low 1st rounders aren’t pushing the Packers over the top. 

A. it's a team game. you need many good players 

B. you ignored all the context and timing. the most experienced of the 3 is already a Pro-Bowler. The next was a barely a rookie last year. And their pick this year hasn't played yet.

C. even if all 3 busted, that's a terrible sample size to draw conclusions from, and some FO's are more talented than others. 

D. other teams know the odds of the GB picks, so if the odds are as bad as you say, why would the other team want the low 1st rounders?

E. there is an opportunity cost financially. it's not just 2 1st's vs. Mack. it's 2 1st's + 2 Jimmy-Graham-caliber FA's vs. Mack.

and I don't even hate the trade. there are pro's and con's on both sides

2 hours ago, Norm said:

5,488,844 left

maybe Mack will play for free?

It states that this is their estimation based off what's been said. We know that his bonus is prorated, they started it in year 1 and ended it in year 5, that's a total guess. They had a 50/50 shot. If it starts in year 2 and ends in year 6, we gained 12m in cap space.

53 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It states that this is their estimation based off what's been said. We know that his bonus is prorated, they started it in year 1 and ended it in year 5, that's a total guess. They had a 50/50 shot. If it starts in year 2 and ends in year 6, we gained 12m in cap space.

Yeah I found that out after. Silverstein or whoever it was thinks we have 10ish now total. But who knows how they did the years.

Archived