Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

7 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This is how it starts. Last week the talk was "Raiders aren't trading him at all." This week it's "well we will trade him for at least two 1st round picks." Asking price will probably go down once Week 1 gets here.

1st and a 3rd, das it’s gutey

7 hours ago, palmy50 said:

Getting Rodgers done sure helps one's Mack debate. Not a chance they were gonna go there before Rodgers was not. Much better conversation piece now in my opinion.

Curious what you think it would take to get him/what you’d be willing to give in the packers shoes, and also what you are thinking his eventual contract will actually look like. 

14 minutes ago, TheGreatZepp said:

1st and 3rd, I wouldn’t even blink for that asking price for Mack

Me either. That ;eaves us in great shape for the draft still. I have a feeling Gute is going to have to do some convincing to get him for that price. Closer we get to the season, the more likely a trade for that compensation becomes imo. 

Fwiw, I don't see Oakland trading Mack for a 1st and 3rd (as much as I wish they would!) I see something like our two firsts minimum, if not our two firsts and a player such as Clay. I hedge on giving up that much, that is, when you also factor in how much of the cap Mack will take up to sign him. But then again, we now have like a 4 year window (Rodgers new contract) to work with, so I can see the point of those who argue we should go for it. Hence, there are positives and negatives either way. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000952201/article/raiders-want-at-least-2-firstround-picks-for-mack

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000952188/Pelissero-Raiders-have-gotten-multiple-offers-for-Mack-this-week

heres some reports on what’s been offered. Apparently 1st rounders, 1st rounders and another high pick, and players. According to the Tom p video.

Reggie McKenzie has had multiple offers to him -- a first-round pick and another high pick," Pelissero explained. "I've been told he's been offered a player for Khalil Mack. To this point, none of that has gotten anywhere. So what people around the league believe is that to even start the conversation, you're talking about having to offer two first-round picks on top of needing to give [Mack] a top-of-market, $20 million-plus per year contract."

2 minutes ago, DWhitehurst said:

Fwiw, I don't see Oakland trading Mack for a 1st and 3rd (as much as I wish they would!) I see something like our two firsts minimum, if not our two firsts and a player. I hedge on giving up that much, that is, when you also factor in how much of the cap Mack will take up to sign him. But then again, we now have like a 4 year window (Rodgers new contract) to work with, so I can see the point of those who argue we should go for it. Hence, there are positives and negatives either way. 

Does he play QB now?

I would give 2 firsts for a guy like Mack. We will most likely need to spend a first on an ER anyway, and the additional first is compensation for him being a finished product and a sure thing. That's more than fair IMO.

However, I still stand behind not doing this for Mack. The money and the attitude exceed what his impact can be IMO. He doesn't guarantee anything with regard to the success of the defense, much less the success of the team. You don't break the bank and the cap for that. And no matter how your structure it, the team cap will be broken.

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000952188/Pelissero-Raiders-have-gotten-multiple-offers-for-Mack-this-week

heres some reports on what’s been offered. Apparently 1st rounders, 1st rounders and another high pick, and players. According to the Tom p video.

Eeyeah... that’s the trouble. It’s like those fantasy drafts where you have a limited amount of virtual $ for bidding on players. 

Some bad team manager will overpay, winning the first round but losing badly at the rest if the draft. 

Also, Oakland will figure that GB needs to pony up a second round pick to compete with most other teams’ third round pick. 

Once negotiating gets serious we can’t compete with irresponsible spendthrifts.

Archived