Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

This is how it starts. Last week the talk was "Raiders aren't trading him at all." This week it's "well we will trade him for at least two 1st round picks." Asking price will probably go down once Week 1 gets here.

disney_praying_in_movies_by_dramamasks22

How I picture everyone talking like he's going to be cheap or get cheaper lol

Y'all should write some passionate Disney song about why you deserve to have him. Works in the movies

15 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

How is 2 first round draft picks conservative?

how many teams even have 2 2019 first round draft picks? Answer: 1 team, green bay

Given those two firsts will likely be no lower than pick 20, then I think that is a conservative offer for a player of Mack's caliber. But hey, not everyone here will agree on Mack's intrinsic value, let alone his relative value in terms of how much he would benefit the Packer's defense. (I think he instantly makes us a top 15 defense, if not top 10.) Having said that, given what cap space it may take to sign him, that may lessen his relative value to the Packers team as a whole over the course of his whole contract, especially if we did not win the Super Bowl this year with his services. If Gute manages to trade for and sign Mack, it is with the thought of trying to win it all now, this season.

Sorry venting here... but I can't figure out for the life of me why people keep suggesting we can save a 1st round pick by trading the Raiders Cobb or Matthews instead? ... since when are their contracts worth 1st round picks after fans keep complaining their over paid. The Raiders don't want their own more talented over payed players so they'll gladly take ours? I just makes no sense to me. You give me a 1st for Cobb or Matthews, I might quickly take it... they're not worth a 1st round draft pick.

5 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Like I said, feasibility has nothing to do with Oakland's asking price. The Packers are able to strike a deal for the rights to Mack. That's the easy part

The impossible part that everyone conveniently ignores is Mack's asking price. He cripples the cap and his signing guarantees nothing

I completely agree. I mean the Raiders clearly think his asking price is too high. If you trade two 1st round picks and get that huge cap number.... either

1. You have a ton of cap space saved up
  2. Or you're putting yourself into cap hell in 3 or 4 years from now... which will require you to not resign guys OR not signed FAs... and basically you'll be rebuilding to a degree.

This might be alright if you win a Super Bowl in the next two or three years, but you'll gonna feel a lot of hurt if you don't.

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

Well the negotiations probably start at 4/100 with 80 million guaranteed. Make that work in our team building structure.

Everyone has a plan on how to trade for him, but no one has the plan on how to sign him, and still function as a team moving forward when guys like Clark, Daniels and Bahk want new deals. I guess we just let all those guys walk ?

We'll trade for other people to replace those guys. We have lots of picks and they never work out. Gute isn't Ted. He uses ALL avenues!!! 

29 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

How is 2 first round draft picks conservative?

how many teams even have 2 2019 first round draft picks? Answer: 1 team, green bay

There's no requirement to be the same year...

Archived