Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

2 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I just wanted to point out that the Raiders Mack thread is currently at 9 pages, the Bears 4, and the Jets 3. Y'all crazy

That's what happens when Ted doesn't give us any Xmas presents for a decade

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Food for thought for those claiming getting Mack is going destroy our ability to keep the gang together. They didn't even mention resigning Kendricks...

I forgot they were paying two guys QB money

Just now, packfanfb said:

Food for thought for those claiming getting Mack is going destroy our ability to keep the gang together. They didn't even mention resigning Kendricks...

Vikings cap space 2019...

LastingDirectEkaltadeta-small.gif

5.98 million.

Vikings sure seem to be all in .. hopefully they have a season that is a fabulous disaster.  I doubt that will be the case though .. probably a 12 win team.  I don't expect the Raiders to deal Mack, but if they do the Packers better be heavily involved.  It's not every day that you get a chance to add a superstar to your defense.

I seem to be the only one who thinks the Vikings are going to face plant, during I really, really, really think they will.  These dream teams always do, and the Vikings have a very tough schedule.

Four of their first five games are against playoff teams.  Their first game is against the Niners, and the Niners were rolling at the end of last season.  

Their second game is in Green Bay against a highly motivated Aaron Rodgers.

Then they've got the Bills, then consecutive road games against the Rams and Eagles.

After two relatively easy games against the Cardinals and Jets...

Saints, three straight division games, Patriots and then at Seattle.

Thst is not a 12 win schedule for many teams keeping in mind how awful Cousins is against winning teams (4-19) and the state of their offensive line.

22 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I seem to be the only one who thinks the Vikings are going to face plant, during I really, really, really think they will.  These dream teams always do, and the Vikings have a very tough schedule.

Four of their first five games are against playoff teams.  Their first game is against the Niners, and the Niners were rolling at the end of last season.  

Their second game is in Green Bay against a highly motivated Aaron Rodgers.

Then they've got the Bills, then consecutive road games against the Rams and Eagles.

After two relatively easy games against the Cardinals and Jets...

Saints, three straight division games, Patriots and then at Seattle.

Thst is not a 12 win schedule for many teams keeping in mind how awful Cousins is against winning teams (4-19) and the state of their offensive line.

This isn't a dream team though. They aren't the Eagles, who in one off-season added 10 new players. This is a team on the brink who needed better QB play so they aggressively went out and got the best QB on the open market. The nucleus of their defense is the same as are the skilled positions on offense. 

The Vikings have one problem and one problem only, a patchwork, bottom-15 offensive line. If their line holds together, I'd have to be a homer to say they are not the Week 1 front-runner to win the NFC. As I've said before, Week 2, IMO, is a must win for GB if we want to stay with Minny game-for-game in a tight division race. IMO, the winner of the NFC North will get at least the #2 seed, if not the #1 seed. Winning the division is everything this year in terms of setting us up for the playoffs. 

*Also, their "very tough" schedule is identical to ours outside of two games: They play the Saints and we play the Falcons (that's an even trade), and they play Philly while we play Washington (advantage GB). So out of 16 games, I'd agree we have a 1-game advantage. The rest is all about timing, and with injuries, etc., we have no idea at this point whether playing a team early or late will be better or worse. 

30 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Hopefully it takes a bit for their offense to gel. New OC, new QB, and their RB returning from injury and @ GB, @ LAR, and @PHI in the first 5 weeks. Hopefully a rough start gets the ball rolling for an epic failure of a season. 

Yea, unfortunately, you can say the same about us. New DC so our defense could take time to get rolling, etc. Could take a while for Rodgers/Graham to get going, etc. No one knows. Hopefully, Minny struggles more than we do during that opening stretch. We are battling against the fact as well that GB is a notoriously slow-starting team the first half of the year, for whatever reason. Can't afford that this year. 

The Vikings didn't have one problem.  They had loads of problems.  I'm still not convinced they improved at QB. 

Look at Kirk Cousins.  Look at what he's actually done.  Then look at Ryan Tannehill and what Tannehill did between 2013 and 2015.  Tell me what Cousins has done other than beat up on inferior teams and inferior offenses with one of the best offensive head coaches in the game and elite offensive linemen and great receiving options. 

Then explain his 4-19 record against winning teams.
Then explain his performance in the final game of this past season, a game in which the Redskins still had a chance to get to the playoffs, and in which he was playing the 2 win Giants. 

Case Keenum wasn't a great QB, but he didn't lose close games for the Vikings.  Cousins undoubtedly will. 

Yea, unfortunately, you can say the same about us. New DC so our defense could take time to get rolling, etc.

No.  Nope.  The difference is that the Vikings offensive coordinator got hired as a head coach because he coached an awesome offense considering they had a game manager QB and lost their RB to injury while our defensive coordinator got fired because his defense sucked.  That's like saying we're going to struggle because we have new cornerbacks.  It doesn't compute.  It's not logical.  We got better with our new coordinator.  They got worse.  You can't say the same about us. 

Just now, Outpost31 said:

No.  Nope.  The difference is that the Vikings offensive coordinator got hired as a head coach because he coached an awesome offense considering they had a game manager QB and lost their RB to injury while our defensive coordinator got fired because his defense sucked.  That's like saying we're going to struggle because we have new cornerbacks.  It doesn't compute.  It's not logical.  We got better with our new coordinator.  They got worse.  You can't say the same about us. 

This is all talk until we see the product on the field. Everything is based on hope and speculation until that happens. Are the odds good that we will improve? I'd sure as hell hope so, hard to not. 

9 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

We are battling against the fact as well that GB is a notoriously slow-starting team the first half of the year, for whatever reason. Can't afford that this year. 

I don't agree with the slow start stuff.  The Packers were 6-0 to start 2015, 4-2 in 2016 and 4-1 in 2017 before Rodgers went down.  Not really slow starting.  

This is all talk until we see the product on the field. Everything is based on hope and speculation until that happens. Are the odds good that we will improve? I'd sure as hell hope so, hard to not. 

That's not what this is about.  You can't compare the Vikings situation to ours.  They were FORCED into a change at coordinator due to their very good coordinator taking a better job.  We FORCED a change because our coordinator was bad.  Completely different situations. 

Archived