Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

5 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Why do you think he's worth $22m per ? Feel free to include solving the implications on signing future guys like Bahktiari for instance

That wasn't the statement I questioned.  I questioned why he shouldn't be the highest paid defensive player.  He's easily in the top 3.  Kirk Cousins just got paid and he may not be in the top 10 for his position.  Definitely not top 5 .  

8 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

That wasn't the statement I questioned.  I questioned why he shouldn't be the highest paid defensive player.  He's easily in the top 3.  Kirk Cousins just got paid and he may not be in the top 10.  Definitely not top 5 .  

Salary cap implications are always in question. Team make-up is always in question. Gute has said it himself. IMO Mack is not worth QB money when you already have a QB who will be the highest paid player in the league. You have to pick and choose. Signing Mack means we have over $50m of cap in 2 players. Rodgers can win you games single handedly. Gruden said it himself. They weren't that great with Mack on the field. He doesn't dominate games. Therefore, I don't think he should be paid like he does.

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Salary cap implications are always in question. Team make-up is always in question. Gute has said it himself. IMO Mack is not worth QB money when you already have a QB who will be the highest paid player in the league. You have to pick and choose. Signing Mack means we have over $50m of cap in 2 players. 

It also means we have the best offensive player in the NFL, and arguably a top 2 defensive player. That's a hell of a value for 50m. There's teams paying 3-4 players that much getting a fraction of that production.

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Salary cap implications are always in question. Team make-up is always in question. Gute has said it himself. IMO Mack is not worth QB money when you already have a QB who will be the highest paid player in the league. You have to pick and choose. Signing Mack means we have over $50m of cap in 2 players. Rodgers can win you games single handedly. Gruden said it himself. They weren't that great with Mack on the field. He doesn't dominate games

I'm not even questioning Mack to Green Bay.  I'd be happy if they could make it work but you put out a general statement that he isn't worth the highest defensive player salary.  Does anyone think Ziggy Ansah is worth 17.5 million?  Does anyone really think Derek Carr's 87.5 QB rating is worth 25 million?  Someone is going to make Mack the highest (maybe 2nd highest) paid defensive player and if Green Bay can make it work then I'm all for it.  

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It also means we have the best offensive player in the NFL, and arguably a top 2 defensive player. That's a hell of a value for 50m. There's teams paying 3-4 players that much getting a fraction of that production.

I guess I disagree. As I added to my previous post, Gruden said it best. They weren't that great with him. 

Just now, eyecatcher said:

I'm not even questioning Mack to Green Bay.  I'd be happy if they could make it work but you put out a general statement that he isn't worth the highest defensive player salary.  Does anyone think Ziggy Ansah is worth 17.5 million?  Does anyone really think Derek Carr's 87.5 QB rating is worth 25 million?  Someone is going to make Mack the highest (maybe 2nd highest) paid defensive player and if Green Bay can make it work then I'm all for it.  

I don't think he is worth $22m per is correct. If someone else feels like he is, fine by me. I don't think he dominates a football game.

Just now, cannondale said:

I guess I disagree. As I added to my previous post, Gruden said it best. They weren't that great with him. 

They don't have Aaron Rodgers. The 2016 Raiders might have been the best team in the NFL until Carr got hurt. Carr had a QBR of 96, 3rd worst of Aaron's career.

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

They don't have Aaron Rodgers. The 2016 Raiders might have been the best team in the NFL until Carr got hurt. Carr had a QBR of 96, 3rd worst of Aaron's career.

In 2011 Rodgers won the MVP while the defense was setting all time records for futility. We as Packer fans have seen more than enough to know that argument doesnt hold water

Archived