Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

7 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't think some of us are ignoring or not comprehending anything. We know exactly what we'd give up with Mack's deal and the picks and saying "where do we sign up?"

It's the best defensive player in the NFL people (2nd best depending on how you view Donald), this is the guy who over a 4 year sample size has more pressures than Von, Donald, Houston, Beasley, etc. This is a guy that when the calendar rolls to a Monday morning the OC of our opponent says "We've got the Packers this week, how are we going to stop Khalil Mack?" There's not a single player even close to that level currently on our D. All those late drives over Rodgers career where the D is on the field and the announcers say "one big play could end it" this is the guy that makes the play.

You can live in the world where those 2 first round picks will come in and be studs under rookie control and we spread that 20m out to heady FA signings and that's fine, realistically that's the world we'll all be in come week 1 when Mack has a new deal with Oak. However if they did offer him up, the price of our picks and a new deal is more than fair to acquire a talent as special as Khalil Mack. You're talking about the makings of a HOF pass rusher here.

That's why I didn't say "all". But it's nice that you can speak for a bunch of other people, being an important mod & all. 

For the record, I never even said I would oppose such a deal. Just that there are other parts to consider that bring the equation into greater balance than some are portraying. 

6 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

That's why I didn't say "all". But it's nice that you can speak for a bunch of other people, being an important mod & all. 

For the record, I never even said I would oppose such a deal. Just that there are other parts to consider that bring the equation into greater balance than some are portraying. 

I feel like they think I'm hating on this thing. I just think it's a pipe dream. The reason it's such a no brainer for them is a sign to me it's probably not realistic

1 hour ago, HyponGrey said:

Reggie might be offended at that. Mickey Marvin told me Reg was deeply religious when I met Mick at church camp. More of a get in, grab a beer, do business, and get out guy.

Even God fearing men can't resist a hot cut of *** on a pole!

Archived