Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

I'd give him big money, but work the cap and contract the right way.  Front loaded?  With a Rodgers extension, and the money coming off the books next year it could probably be done. Maybe Rodgers would take a bit less money if the Packers were willing to make this move?

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

Saw the article on Packers Wire about the odds of Mack playing here.  Clickbait extraordinare.  I would give up the Packers 1st rounder and a third to get the deal done.  As far as contract he shouldn't be the highest paid defender in the league.  He's good but c'mon.  18 mil/yr range sounds about right.  Would be ecstatic to get him but please it ain't going to happen.  Matthews and Cobb< Mack.  

Matthews and Cobb and Mack this year, and just Mack next year, maybe Clay on a lesser deal.

I wasn't actually thinking this had any fire until those vegas odds.

2 hours ago, St Vince said:

I thought the 2019 edge class was deeper than 2018's. We have two picks in the first to get a quality edge why pay mack 18 million and lose Clark and Dix? I also wouldn't mind locking up Wilkerson if he proves he wants to live up to his contract. 

I don't want to trade away picks for him. We need those picks for edge, RT and TE. With Rodgers massive payday looming we need to stock up on cheaper talent. Mack and Rodgers contracts would cripple this team financially.

Oh that's not even close! As far as drafts go, the 2018 edge class was extremely thin, with only two clear edge guys taken in the top 40 overall selections (and two position edge guys which I'll talk about.) Some also thought ILB Tremaine Edmunds could play edge, but he never came off the edge in college so it wasn't clear (and he's listed at 4-3 MLB with the Bills now). DT Taven Bryan is a pretty athletic DT who the Jaguars have listed as a 4-3 DE behind another fairly athletic DT Calais Campbell.

I don't know what the 2019 edge class will do but the 2019 class is said to be loaded with DL and edge players and predicting the value of upfront defenders will drop into the 2nd round just like the CB did this last year. Just think the Packers can have back to back drafts where their needs PERFECTLY fit the value of the draft classes.

56 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Stop it. Just stop it.

But if we stop it, then we won't get to 100 pages :( and you know what that means!

On 8/9/2018 at 7:06 PM, Norm said:

If we get to 100 pages they are required to trade him to us

On 8/10/2018 at 12:27 PM, cooters22 said:

Seriously? Norm we'll get to a 100 yet.

Exactly! We gotta force them to trade Mack to us!

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

Matthews and Cobb and Mack this year, and just Mack next year, maybe Clay on a lesser deal.

The odds said basically the same thing about Dez and GB, and are that way for Mack for one reason: we have 2 first round picks. 

38 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

The odds said basically the same thing about Dez and GB, and are that way for Mack for one reason: we have 2 first round picks. 

Hey man, I said the same thing before the raps ended up actually trading for kawhi. 

3 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Just remember Vegas' job is to play the betters, and get their money, not give out accurate probabilies.

A lot of mental manipulation goes on in Vegas, and mental manipulation has a lot to with excitement and putting numbers close together

Look how close Packers and Raiders numbers are. It wouldn’t be exciting if he stayed on the same team.

And the exciting, less likely option has better odds which just makes it even more exciting! 

9 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

In the words of Admiral Ackbar, "It's a Trap"

7 hours ago, Norm said:

I wonder what they would be if Ted was GM still lol +20000?

I think someone would first have to explain (re-explain) to Ted that you are allowed to trade in the NFL for a player on another team. Good starting point, then work your way up from there. 

Archived