Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

4 hours ago, incognito_man said:

So you're saying the easy parts are easy and the tricky parts are more difficult? Huh.

I was talking about more the intricacies that you generally don't see very often.  Prior to this most recent CBA, the whole LTBE/UTBE bonuses weren't really known and that's part of the reason I believe why we have rollover cap space.

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I think the Packers will keep that trio together. This team pays the premiums. 

Given Wilkerson's history, I'm not sure the Packers are going to pony up big bucks for him.  Last time he got paid, he disappeared.  You can blame that on whatever you want, but that's probably something the Packers won't want to risk.  Now, if Wilkerson is willing to structure it in a way with minimal guarantees and little in the way of dead cap, sure.  But that's not likely.

16 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Matthews can want to stay all he wants, his old butt isn't going to stop a Mack deal if he became available.

50 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Matthews can want to stay all he wants, his old butt isn't going to stop a Mack deal if he became available.

No one's saying Matthew's desires impact Mack. The point is that his agent has been in talks about a contract extension with Gutey-Ball and the Raiders are reportedly not listening to offers. I don't see how you extend Clay and trade-sign Mack.

13 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Given Wilkerson's history, I'm not sure the Packers are going to pony up big bucks for him.  Last time he got paid, he disappeared.  You can blame that on whatever you want, but that's probably something the Packers won't want to risk.  Now, if Wilkerson is willing to structure it in a way with minimal guarantees and little in the way of dead cap, sure.  But that's not likely.

Talking about an Adams/Clark/Daniels trio. Wilkerson could have 30 sacks this year and I'd still hesitate to sign him long term.

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

No one's saying Matthew's desires impact Mack. The point is that his agent has been in talks about a contract extension with Gutey-Ball and the Raiders are reportedly not listening to offers. I don't see how you extend Clay and trade-sign Mack.

Clay's not getting extended until after the season. These are just talks to avoid exactly what is happening in Oakland right now.

Also the Raiders won't and shouldn't consider offers until the regular season starts. Call Mack's bluff and if he really is serious and doesn't show up for week 1, now you have to make a decision. Negotiate to his demands, trade him or let him rot.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Clay's not getting extended until after the season. These are just talks to avoid exactly what is happening in Oakland right now.

Also the Raiders won't and shouldn't consider offers until the regular season starts. Call Mack's bluff and if he really is serious and doesn't show up for week 1, now you have to make a decision. Negotiate to his demands, trade him or let him rot.

Plus we need time to get to 100 pages

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

How is this exactly Oakland? isn’t Mack on his rookie real and 27? 

I'm saying the fact that it gets to the point where a player wants a contract or extended and feels slighted that the team hasn't even approached him on it yet. I'm sure we've buttered up HHCD too, just hear their demands, show interest, nothing will get done at this point, it's all about #12 right now. They just want those guys feeling good. An easy process that Oakland could've and should've been doing with Mack.

I think we should stop dreaming about Mack in GB. This team is not deep enough to part with the assets to land him. I would flip Denver a 3rd for Ray instead, he looks great this preseason. They drafted Chubb and didn't pick up his option so Denver may be looking to moved on from him. With Gilbert that would give you 4 legit pass rushers. We need those high picks for Edge and RT, our OL depth is horrendous, Spriggs is a bust and will get Rodgers killed, and Madison is in limbo. Guy may never play a down in the NFL. We need to use that draft capital to fix the OL. Landing Mack would plug one hole but open a floodgate in other areas.

Archived