• Kyler Fackrell
    • Jake Ryan
    • Kenny Clark
    • Bryan Bulaga
    • Martellus Bennet
    • Davante Adams
    • Ty Montgomery
    • Clay Matthews

Went Bulaga here. With the guard combo having a lot of turnover the last two years, the two outside guys are so darn important. Almost went House though with him clearly as our #1 CB. Definitely don't see Clay as an oversight. Maybe by reputation alone he is still important if teams still fear him because of the player he once was but his play on the field is not nearly as valuable as his name suggests. I'd slot him in probably around 9-11after Bulaga and House and mixed in with Burnett and Bennett somewhere. 

1 hour ago, Ketchup said:

Went Bulaga here. With the guard combo having a lot of turnover the last two years, the two outside guys are so darn important. Almost went House though with him clearly as our #1 CB. Definitely don't see Clay as an oversight. Maybe by reputation alone he is still important if teams still fear him because of the player he once was but his play on the field is not nearly as valuable as his name suggests. I'd slot him in probably around 9-11after Bulaga and House and mixed in with Burnett and Bennett somewhere. 

I'm not a big supporter of Clay by any means, but he's got to be, by far, the most underrated player on here now.

Our defense is so much better with a healthy Clay Matthews.

Me too.  Protection of #12 is so important for us.  It was between Bryan and Clay for me and I'll go with Clay next.

12 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'm not a big supporter of Clay by any means, but he's got to be, by far, the most underrated player on here now.

I wonder where he would be if he was our starting ILB. Definitely higher than 7 even though that should bring him down a few levels of importance just by scheme.

26 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Our defense is so much better with a healthy Clay Matthews.

Well that's the thing though, the guy is never 100% healthy. Sure, he may not be missing tons of games but when he even has a minor injury, he's almost invisible. 

31 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

Well that's the thing though, the guy is never 100% healthy. Sure, he may not be missing tons of games but when he even has a minor injury, he's almost invisible. 

that's irrelevant though. you can't predict injuries anymore than I can. Having Matthews healthy is important to our team. His availability is probably 2nd only to Rodgers when he is healthy. Our defense suffers when he is not.

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

that's irrelevant though. you can't predict injuries anymore than I can. Having Matthews healthy is important to our team. His availability is probably 2nd only to Rodgers when he is healthy. Our defense suffers when he is not.

You don't think the torch has been passed to Daniels or Perry at this point?

18 minutes ago, PackyAttacky said:

I ranked them 4th and 3rd respectively. I think Clay's versatility keeps him above Perry and his ability and positional importance (and lack of reserves behind him) keep him ahead of Daniels as well. I think those are clearly the top 4 on our team, however.

34 minutes ago, PackyAttacky said:

Nah he hasn't fallen that far off yet. Matthews still can do things Perry can't in terms of Coverage/burst/pure athletic ablity, and he's only had 1 double digit sack season. And as good as Daniels is he doesn't provide as much impact as much as Clay can, that just speaks to the position he's playing. The only thing that has held Matthews back has been injuries, don't think any talent has been lost imo. 

With Green Bay's style of play on offense, I think I'm leaning Bryan Bulaga here. The only tackle pairing I think that comes close to Green Bay's is Philadelphia's right now. I think that's a big part of Aaron Rodgers' broken play success.

Honestly, I'm pretty surprised that Clay Matthews is so high O.o Y'all believe in him a lot more than I do at this point. My #2 would be Davante Adams. I don't want to see what this offense looks like with him out of the lineup.

15 hours ago, incognito_man said:
16 hours ago, Ketchup said:

How is that irrelevant? Clay has zero importance when he's not on the field. His importance absolutely goes down when he's injured as well because he's not the same impact player. No, nobody can predict injuries but ignoring Clay's history of being often injured is just not something I'm willing to do. Sure, if we are ranking who is most imprtant when 100% healthy, then Clay would be much higher but that is a rarity for him and that's where I see his importance drop. 

8 hours ago, justo said:

With Green Bay's style of play on offense, I think I'm leaning Bryan Bulaga here. The only tackle pairing I think that comes close to Green Bay's is Philadelphia's right now. I think that's a big part of Aaron Rodgers' broken play success.

Honestly, I'm pretty surprised that Clay Matthews is so high O.o Y'all believe in him a lot more than I do at this point. My #2 would be Davante Adams. I don't want to see what this offense looks like with him out of the lineup.

The Packers aren't going anywhere with Fackrell/Elliott at EDGE. We're talking importance to the team, not who is the best. 

Perry also averaged .37 sacks a game without Matthews and .95 with him. The defensive numbers in those 4 games without Clay were attrocious.

How is that irrelevant? Clay has zero importance when he's not on the field. His importance absolutely goes down when he's injured as well because he's not the same impact player.

This doesn't make any sense. A players' importance doesn't change relative to their health. If he is injured, his importance to the team manifests itself, it doesn't change.

Archived