Preseason WEEK 1, GDT vs Tennessee

squire12

37 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

In Rollins' defense, he not only lacked the speed (even before the achilles injury) to play outside but the quickness to play the slot and the football instincts to play anywhere.

The camp moves to S and or ILB/S were a last, desperate attempt to salvage something out of this former 2nd rounder. 

With the guy who drafted them gone, the careers of both Rollins and Goodson, two basketball players masquerading as Packer CBs the past 7 years combined, will likely come to an end here in a few weeks. 

To be fair to Rollins, he simply has no business playing the slot or CB in general. It's not like he's not trying his best, but he can't play the CB position, especially in the slot. Why on Earth the Packers' coaches keep putting him there is beyond me. This experiment at ILB is also dumb. Rollins is a poor tackler to begin with and not a bigger athlete like Jones who was made for that hybrid role. It's very simple, permanently move Rollins to safety (where our depth is pretty weak) and if he shows something there, maybe you keep him. Otherwise, you don't think twice about cutting him. 

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

I'd like to see Boyle against better competition before declaring he is better than Hundley but I liked what I saw last night.

I think I'm gonna like the arm on this guy. Obviously he's a project - but if he's got an NFL arm........has PS iritten all over him.
We lose him to another team - oh well. Not a position of dire need now.

Just now, Leader said:

I think I'm gonna like the arm on this guy. Obviously he's a project - but if he's got an NFL arm........has PS is written all over him.

..........but you don't want Taysom Hill mk.2 scenario either. It could be 3 QBs this year........but with so many spots likely allocated to the WRs, can you afford that ?

Just now, OneTwoSixFive said:

..........but you don't want Taysom Hill mk.2 scenario either. It could be 3 QBs this year........but with so many spots likely allocated to the WRs, can you afford that ?

Nope.
Thats the calculation I'm making - its positional. At this point we need the talent and depth at WR more than QB.

12 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

Good move at the beginning by 17, but that’s also preseason effort at the end by 21

Elaborate? I don't think there's any chance Butler isn't trying the hardest to prove BB wrong on every play right now. Head down until you catch up to target. Catch up, head around. He failed to locate the ball in time after getting around late. Veteran separation by Adams. Textbook beaten CB play. 

1 hour ago, Leader said:

I think I'm gonna like the arm on this guy. Obviously he's a project - but if he's got an NFL arm........has PS iritten all over him.

Agree 100%.  If you lose him, oh well, that's the way it goes.  But I'd rather risk losing him than expose Moore or EQ, for example.    

3 hours ago, craig said:

Think Kizer has more zip than Hundley.  I kinda hope that by end of camp, Kizer shows enough to make the team.  Put Boyle on PS.  

Hundley may be better positioned on the anti-awful spectrum today; but he's been around for years, and I don't see a lot of potential, either with his arm or his decision-making.   Can't view him as a developmental guy anymore.  

Kizer may end up no better.  But because he's younger and newer and stronger-armed, I think there is more potential to get better over time.  So I'm just ready to turn the page and take a new shot with a new developmental guy. 

If Boyle continues to perform like he did last night we won't be able to sneak him on the PS.

14 hours ago, Donzo said:

I like Herman, but that's some weak sauce.... He should stick to the Badgers.

Rollins looked done, but that was expected... Fack & Spriggs we're OK- didn't Fack get a sack? 

Where did Fackrell look okay? He got pushed around all night.

His "Sack" was Mariota sliding at the LOS. He was just the defender standing there. 

1 hour ago, craig said:

Agree 100%.  If you lose him, oh well, that's the way it goes.  But I'd rather risk losing him than expose Moore or EQ, for example.    

I disagree, respectfully. QB is the most important position. What if Boyle turns out to be the next Kurt Warner? We have three high potential young WRs (four with Kumerow). Exposing one of them to waivers is offset by keeping the others. 

Archived