Preseason WEEK 1, GDT vs Tennessee

squire12

21 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

That's quite a scrappy gym rat census

I remember when Blair White corrected Peyton Manning which resulted in a game winning TD toss years ago. Peyton wouldn't shut up about that for like a month...

Norm. #80–Billy Schroeder—Sheboygan’s Pride and LaCrosse’s Golden Boy and the only thousand yard Packer receiver to receive the nickname “€ućk” from Mike Holmgren—regrets not being able to take residency in your list of melanin-challenged receivers. 

10 minutes ago, Norm said:

What happened lol..I don't remember this

Lolol @ trying to Google Blair White stuff. ******* SJWs!! /s

Peyton had made one call in a huddle and Blair, being a former QB, mansplained why he shouldn't make that call and persuaded him to make a different call and Blair was right.

47 minutes ago, Beast said:

Interesting thing is they released Kumerow, when the Patriots claimed some TE named Martellus.

So it was sorta like a trade or a swap.

I hadn't realized that!  That's really funny.  Or at least it will be if Kumerow makes the team and becomes a productive contributor.  

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Honestly, when I think of Kumerow, here's who I think of

Jordy Nelson

Julian Edelman

Eric Decker

Wes Welker

Brian Hartline

Riley Cooper

Cole Beasley

Danny Amendola

Dane Sanzenbacher

Griff Whalen

Brandon Stokely

Kevin Walter

Austin Colley

Greg Camarillo

Matt Jones

Mike Furrey

Joe Jurevicius

Ricky Proehl

Wayne Chrebet

Kevin Walter

Anthony Gonzalez

Jordan Shipley

Blair White

Michael Campanaro

Ryan Whalen

Adam Humphries

Jeff Maehl

Brett Swain

Jeff Janis

Jeremy Ebert

Tim Dwight

Chris Hogan

Brenton Bersin

Jared Abbrederis

Adam Thielen

Greg Salas

White lightning(s)

26 minutes ago, Joe said:

Peyton had made one call in a huddle and Blair, being a former QB, mansplained why he shouldn't make that call and persuaded him to make a different call and Blair was right.

lol. That's amazing. Blair White>Peyton Manning

10 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Kumerow is an interesting prospect. He is a young veteran in his prime who benefited from time on various practice squads. He followed a very traditional path for small school prospects. Had some physical talent, but went undrafted. Used the practice squad system to develop his talent and now is poised to make a roster. I wouldn't hold any of that against him. I like the three WRs the Packers drafted (although I have doubts about Moore's hands), But I'm not sure it's a good idea to have three rookies behind the three veterans (Adams, Cobb, and Allison). In the Packer's offense it takes at least a year for a rookie to be effective, and sometimes two years. For that reason, I always felt the Packers needed one more veteran (if you search way back, you will see that statement by me at the start of free agency). Having failed to sign anyone in FA, the Packers have three internal candidates for that "one more veteran": Davis, Yancey, and Kumerow. They can keep one, possibly two if Moore goes to the practice squad, which I think he should. I'm not an expert by any means, but Davis, Yancey, and Kumerow seem like three very different kinds of receivers. Kumerow and Yancey seem to have the confidence of #12, which gives them an edge. Yancey didn't look half bad Thursday night. I could see both Kumerow and Yancey making the 53, with Davis the odd man out. That would set the Packers up well for losing Cobb after this season. Disclaimer: I have not yet had my morning coffee!

Lol one preseason game and you're already writing off Moore. He had a couple drops, they weren't necessarily completely easy catches either. Moore is not going to the PS. Dump that koolaid down the sink. 

Moore isn't getting cut or being sent to the PS, and he's not behind St. Brown and MVS based on 1 preseason game. 

What is wrong with you people? 

He's plenty fast, and he's unquestionably faster than Kumerow. 

He also had the 2nd best size adjusted agility of any WR in the 2018 draft class AND it shows. 

3 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

Moore isn't getting cut or being sent to the PS, and he's not behind St. Brown and MVS based on 1 preseason game. 

What is wrong with you people? 

He's plenty fast, and he's unquestionably faster than Kumerow. 

He also had the 2nd best size adjusted agility of any WR in the 2018 draft class AND it shows. 

We're a bunch of reactionary posters...what do you expect?

8 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Wouldn't hold a roster spot for Boyle but sure hope he makes the PS. He's shown more in one game than Mike's previous prodigies Graham Harrell and Joe Callahan. 

Depends on whether or not the Packers carry 3 QBs.  If they carry 3 QBs on the active roster, they're not keeping one on the PS.  If they opt for 2, then there is a very good chance they carry a 3rd QB on the PS.

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

We're a bunch of reactionary posters...what do you expect?

For real. 

The only conclusion I've come to so far is IF these rookies continue to develop then Cobb is as good as gone (he probably was anyway). 

Based on the limited exposure so far... I'd guess 2019 will start with Adams/Moore outside and St. Brown in the slot. 

If MVS can continue to develop (and hopefully add a few lbs to that frame) he has the chance to be a helluva #4, if not more. 

Archived