Jaguars Defense 2018

Between 2 top-tier DEs

A great 1-2 punch in the middle(pending litigation aka Goddell)

2 stud LBs

2 lockdown CBs

2 good safeties

Young, recently drafted depth

and a partridge in a pear tree

What are the biggest concerns going into the season other than the possibility for injuries?

I assume the biggest ones are SLB, nickel CB, a possible suspension/cutting Dareus but how bad can that really hold us back?

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

What are the biggest concerns going into the season

Probably this guy

marcus.0.gif

On a more serious note, your defense is great but didn't your run defense go to another level after you guys added Dareus? Wouldn't that hurt your run D pretty bad if he was suspended/cut? That would be my biggest concern if I was a Jax fan.

41 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Probably this guy

marcus.0.gif

On a more serious note, your defense is great but didn't your run defense go to another level after you guys added Dareus? Wouldn't that hurt your run D pretty bad if he was suspended/cut? That would be my biggest concern if I was a Jax fan.

First off you picked the wrong Titan player 

2nd, yes getting Dareus took us to the next level so losing him would hurt even if we signed the best NT available 

On 8/8/2018 at 6:08 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

but how bad can that really hold us back?

Given that our defense seemed to just be barely teetering on collapsing when Telvin missed some games, and that the run defense without Dareus was a disaster, I'd say that a couple injuries to some of the higher end players could easily make us middle of the road. 

12 minutes ago, pwny said:

Given that our defense seemed to just be barely teetering on collapsing when Telvin missed some games, and that the run defense without Dareus was a disaster, I'd say that a couple injuries to some of the higher end players could easily make us middle of the road. 

Well yea that’s why i said other than injuries. Knowing what we know now there are questions still. 

Scoring.

7 touchdowns is a darn great feat. They may be able to match the sacks, ints, fumbles and pbu.

But I really find it difficult to believe they'll be able to match the 7 scores they had last season.

Not necessarily a weakness, but obviously they were game (and season altering) plays.

10 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

Scoring.

7 touchdowns is a darn great feat. They may be able to match the sacks, ints, fumbles and pbu.

But I really find it difficult to believe they'll be able to match the 7 scores they had last season.

Not necessarily a weakness, but obviously they were game (and season altering) plays.

I honestly think they could exceed the TD total. They got screwed a lot with whistled down plays that would have been TDs. They could be easily worse in that category, but end up with more simply because they get some luck from the way refs end the plays.

30 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

7 touchdowns is a lot.

Absolutely. I also think we should have had closer to 10 if we didn’t get early whistles. I won’t say we will, but I think it’s possible.

30 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

Not to mention we should be playing a better set of quarterbacks this season due to our 1st place schedule.

The new helmet rule could definitely be a bit of an issue for us.  I know we're one of the teams that practice proper heads up tackling form and yadda yadda...but with a defense this physical and aggressive, there are going to be instances where we get dinged on the helmet rule.  Those sort of drive-extending penalty plays could hurt the defensive performance if they start to become at all routine.  It's kind of a defense that thrives on pinning its ears back and getting off the field quickly...so prolonged drives due to penalties like that could cause some fall off.  We're not the only defense where that's a possibility though.

Archived