2018 Most Surprising and Disappointing Players

theJ

I'll pick one player for both offense and defense.

Most Surprising players: Trey Hopkins and Jordan Evans. Gut feeling on Hopkins alone, but for Jordan Evans now's a chance for him to shine with Burfict suspended.

Most Disappointing players: Joe Mixon and Jessie Bates. Still not convinced on Mixon yet, and Bates will be buried behind Iloka and Williams all year long.

14 hours ago, MrCincinnati said:

Most Surprising players: Trey Hopkins and Jordan Evans. Gut feeling on Hopkins alone, but for Jordan Evans now's a chance for him to shine with Burfict suspended.

Most Disappointing players: Joe Mixon and Jessie Bates. Still not convinced on Mixon yet, and Bates will be buried behind Iloka and Williams all year long.

Forgot about Jordan Evans.  That's my boy (he just doesn't know it).  I'm expecting big things from him this season...

15 hours ago, MrCincinnati said:

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I sure hope you're wrong (I know you do to)

My picks:

Sam Hubbard.. even with a ton of players ahead of him, I still think he will make some plays or maybe Jordan Willis, it could be his break out year.

Dre Kirk.. I think he continues to decline..  :( 

16 hours ago, MrCincinnati said:

I really only have two expectations this season that if we don't meet would really disappoint me:

1. Our running game looks much improved.  I have high hopes for Glenn + Price and to a lesser extent Hart in that regard.  Which should in turn mean a good season for Mixon.  If that running games looks as inefficient as it did last season, I'll be upset.
  2. Carl Lawson.  Everything points to a double-digit sack season, and potentially a pro-bowl/all-pro type season for him.  If he regresses or doesn't improve on his play from last season, that would leave me questioning everything about this Bengals team/coaching staff...

Archived