Hasbro Confirms Plans for a Theatrical Sequel to "Power Rangers" (2017)

Deadpulse

Not sure a sequel is a good idea.  First one was okay, but there was limited interest.  Not sure how they can change that, and its probably going to have a smaller budget than the first one.

6 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Not sure a sequel is a good idea.  First one was okay, but there was limited interest.  Not sure how they can change that, and its probably going to have a smaller budget than the first one.

Green Ranger. Lord Zedd. $$$

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Green Ranger. Lord Zedd. $$$

Is it going to make that much of a difference?  The first movie lost a good bit of money.  Those two are draws for existing MMPR fans, but it's not going to draw in new fans. 

Bottom line....I do think a sequel could do better financially with those 2, but I dont think it's going to be enough to make it a huge success.  So the question becomes...is it worth it?

Let's remember....even at the peak of its popularity, Power Rangers movies weren't huge successes.

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Is it going to make that much of a difference?  The first movie lost a good bit of money.  Those two are draws for existing MMPR fans, but it's not going to draw in new fans. 

Bottom line....I do think a sequel could do better financially with those 2, but I dont think it's going to be enough to make it a huge success.  So the question becomes...is it worth it?

Let's remember....even at the peak of its popularity, Power Rangers movies weren't huge successes.

Did the first one lose money? I thought it broke even and the toy sales helped it make a profit.

34 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Did the first one lose money? I thought it broke even and the toy sales helped it make a profit.

It didn't break even at the box office. Definitely lost money in that regard.

I just watched this for the first time the other day and didn't like it at all. Had a lot of good concepts, but just so many poor story choices and I hated the guy who played Jason/Red Ranger. Elizabeth Banks was awful.

5 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

It didn't break even at the box office. Definitely lost money in that regard.

I just watched this for the first time the other day and didn't like it at all. Had a lot of good concepts, but just so many poor story choices and I hated the guy who played Jason/Red Ranger. Elizabeth Banks was awful.

What was wrong with Dacre?

I agree about Banks, though.

44 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

What was wrong with Dacre?

I agree about Banks, though.

Just had no charisma and couldn't buy him as becoming a leader. Also looks like a discount Zac Efron and I couldn't get that out of my head, but that's not really his fault.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Just had no charisma and couldn't buy him as becoming a leader. Also looks like a discount Zac Efron and I couldn't get that out of my head, but that's not really his fault.

Haha...he is Efron-ish.

I thought he was fine for how they portrayed him.  He was troubled and doubting himself at the beginning.

I had numerous issues with the movie, but I thought the actors who played the Rangers were fine.  Maybe not great, but fine.

To each his own, though.