Hasbro Confirms Plans for a Theatrical Sequel to "Power Rangers" (2017)

Deadpulse

http://comicbook.com/powerrangers/2018/08/07/power-rangers-sequel-early-development-hasbro/

Hasbro CEO Brian Goldner told analysts about the plans they have for the Power Rangers franchise and how they want to capitalize on it as much as possible starting with a "transitional" period beginning in 2019 where Hasbro will release "new entertainment content and licensed products" into the next year.

This includes plans for the Power Rangers film, as the report states that “Power Rangers’ will generate an operating profit similar to Hasbro’s other franchise brands and has a "significant opportunity for growth given where the brand had been most recently" and that "Hasbro will work with a film studio to develop a new Power Rangers movie as a follow-up to the 2017 release.”

26 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

So does this mean it's going to be a true sequel, with the same actors and everything? Or does this mean a soft reboot? Outside of the Zords and some corny dialogue at times, I pretty much loved all the other aspects of the most recent film.

There isnt a ton of info to go off of yet, but the language used suggests thats the goal. However, they dont even have a studio lined up yet. Not sure if the actors were signed to multi-picture deals but if not, its not out of the realm of possibility that they'd have to recast some of them. 

30 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

So does this mean it's going to be a true sequel, with the same actors and everything? Or does this mean a soft reboot? Outside of the Zords and some corny dialogue at times, I pretty much loved all the other aspects of the most recent film.

It needs to be a reboot. If they are not gonna hire good actors or a director. Then at least bring in Jason David Frank as the bad guy for fan service. 

14 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

It needs to be a reboot. If they are not gonna hire good actors or a director. Then at least bring in Jason David Frank as the bad guy for fan service. 

No need to reboot. The first one was good. Just fix the trash that derailed the 3rd act and they are good to go.

8 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

However, if they try to make Tommy a girl as rumored....   >:(

We've had a lot of time to stew over this prospective change, and I have come to a place where I think I'd be ok with it. If they can take Ronda Rousey's character from her short stint in WWE thus far and turn it into a teenage Green with Evil character, I can dig it. 

5 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

We've had a lot of time to stew over this prospective change, and I have come to a place where I think I'd be ok with it. If they can take Ronda Rousey's character from her short stint in WWE thus far and turn it into a teenage Green with Evil character, I can dig it. 

No. Absolutely not. Would not be ok with it. I'm sorry I'm putting my foot down to this open minded nonsense. You might as well have Shaft be reimagined by Tom Cruise as far as I'm concerned. Nope, not gonna accept it. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

To each their own. I'd never watch it.