Hasbro Confirms Plans for a Theatrical Sequel to "Power Rangers" (2017)

Deadpulse

16 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Political? If they make that change, its 100% in an effort to gain profits. 

I know we are talking a lot about it, but really the rumor of making Tommy female was more or less unsubstantiated at the time (way back in 2016) and now its downright nothing. The entire franchise has changed hands. Any rumored plans they may have had aren't Hasbro's. 

I am willing to bet every penny I have that Jason David Frank being in the movie would by and large be a bigger selling point to the audiance then some random female actor pretending to be him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

smh... you take one bad panel and serve it up as proof? Do you even read the comics? She looks like plenty like a woman. This is the cover of the newest issue of her ongoing:

Image result for captain marvel comics

They changed her back after all the backlash and poor sales from her sex changed outing. xD

22 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Political? If they make that change, its 100% in an effort to gain profits.

Hahaha hahaha.... I don't know if you actually believe this or not, but if you do, You couldn't possibly be more wrong.

5 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Hahaha hahaha.... I don't know if you actually believe this or not, but if you do, You couldn't possibly be more wrong.

Of course I believe it. You honestly think studios/producers/etc make changes like this because they want to make a stand even if it hurts profitability? You can't honestly tell me that. 

On 8/11/2018 at 10:34 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

No kidding, since when has caving to SJWs EVER been profitable? xD Just ask the Hyper Universe devs and Marvel comics how well it worked out for them. 

Get woke, go broke holds a lot of truth to it.

On 8/12/2018 at 4:01 AM, Deadpulse said:

Of course I believe it. You honestly think studios/producers/etc make changes like this because they want to make a stand even if it hurts profitability? You can't honestly tell me that. 

Im not saying they do it THINKING it will lose them money....Im saying Hollywood has made decisions pandering to a certain crowd thinking it would pay off and it didnt.

If you think changing Tommy to a girl is better for business than staying more true to the original character, you're being delusional.     

21 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Just make every comic book character into a man.  Can women even vote or own land?

No offense, but this is SJW logic at its finest.

He isnt saying that....he is saying that changing characters pandering to certain crowds who whine about everything doesnt pay off.     Why?   Because in reality, the people crying arent really the ones who will be forking over the most money....and those people will always find something new to cry about even if you cater to their endless whiny BS.   

Bottom line...you should never make a NEEDLESS change to an established character, especially extremely popular ones.   You have more flexibility with ones that arent EXTREMELY well known or popular, but its still dangerous territory.

Could they change Tommy to a girl and still have a successful movie?   Yes, because there will be alot of new fans who arent entirely familiar with the original character.   However, if they are trying to draw in fans of the series, especially those familiar with the original MMPR's. changing Tommy to a girl would be an extremely stupid idea.  

• Like 2

On 8/12/2018 at 1:36 AM, beekay414 said:

You have a massive problem with women, dont you? 

Because turning women into MEN isn't sexist at all. 9_9

No, there's nothing sexist about curves, contrary to popular Tumblr belief.

Edited by KManX89