Gute is Ted Thompson: Packers sign James Crawford

MacReady

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Damn Norm, went back to the archive for that one. 2009. 

It's the only player for player trade I remember him doing lol

I was talking about it randomly not long ago, I knew it was Moll but I couldn't remember who we got back so it was somewhat fresh in my mind.

19 minutes ago, Norm said:

It's the only player for player trade I remember him doing lol

I was talking about it randomly not long ago, I knew it was Moll but I couldn't remember who we got back so it was somewhat fresh in my mind.

Of players for player trades, of people that made the roster... that might of been the only one.

Though Thompson also did some player for player trades of guys where neither guy was going to make the new team 53 roster. (And I'm wondering if that might be the case in this latest one, as some colt fan suggested it might only be for healthy bodies to finish the preseason).

Packers also traded for Ryan Grant

Packers traded away the OG (6th or 7th  from the Jets?) that was selected one pick before QB Tyrod Taylor... and FB Quinn Johnson (conditional, the titans cut him so got nothing for him)... and LB McCray for a 6th or 7th from the Bills.... hmmm I think the Jets and Bills one might of both been Rex Ryan's team trading away draft pick to the Packers... thanks Rex!

Oh traded away WR Javon Walker right?... that was a long time ago.

3 hours ago, Beast said:

Of players for player trades, of people that made the roster... that might of been the only one.

Though Thompson also did some player for player trades of guys where neither guy was going to make the new team 53 roster. (And I'm wondering if that might be the case in this latest one, as some colt fan suggested it might only be for healthy bodies to finish the preseason).

Packers also traded for Ryan Grant

Packers traded away the OG (6th or 7th  from the Jets?) that was selected one pick before QB Tyrod Taylor... and FB Quinn Johnson (conditional, the titans cut him so got nothing for him)... and LB McCray for a 6th or 7th from the Bills.... hmmm I think the Jets and Bills one might of both been Rex Ryan's team trading away draft pick to the Packers... thanks Rex!

Oh traded away WR Javon Walker right?... that was a long time ago.

Oh yeah there are others, that's just the only player for player one I could remember. I guess I forgot about the Gado Morency one

• 4 weeks later...

Eric Reid available (I don't care if he worm dances during the anthem).

Willing to give up two firsts for Mack.  Has to be some pass rusher available for a 2nd.  Even if it's just a GOOD pass rusher.

Earl Thomas. 

This defense as it is is not good enough to win a Super Bowl.  Gute's gotta get savage and do something to fix it. 

Seriously, this feels like such an absolute, crystal clear, definite no brainer.  Add somebody.  PROVE that you're not going to accept poor play. 

Bench Brice, put Jones in next week if you're not going to sign anybody.
Bench Perry, replace him with Gilbert as the starter. 
Move Matthews to ILB.

Trade for a pass rusher. 
Sign a safety.
Trade for a safety.

DO SOMETHING FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO SOMETHING. 

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Seriously, this feels like such an absolute, crystal clear, definite no brainer.  Add somebody.  PROVE that you're not going to accept poor play. 

Move Matthews to ILB.

Trade for a pass rusher. 
Sign a safety.
Trade for a safety.

They won't get a safety. They will rude it out with Jones, get used to this crappy safety play this season

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Move Matthews to ILB.

Trade for a pass rusher. 
Sign a safety.
Trade for a safety.

Chicken little, is that you?  We're not going to find a quality pass rusher via trade.  Khalil Mack is like that unicorn that everyone is chasing.  They simply don't come available, and the very few times they do they're drastically overpaid.  You want to bench Kentrell Brice, go ahead.  Josh Jones isn't going to be the answer.  His coverage skills aren't that much of an upgrade over Brice.  Don't know how you think you can move Matthews to ILB and bench Perry and expect anything resembling a pass rush.

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Eric Reid available (I don't care if he worm dances during the anthem).

Willing to give up two firsts for Mack.  Has to be some pass rusher available for a 2nd.  Even if it's just a GOOD pass rusher.

Earl Thomas. 

This defense as it is is not good enough to win a Super Bowl.  Gute's gotta get savage and do something to fix it. 

Honestly, I thought Thomas would be the answer if we got him, but today showed that we don't look like a team right now that is one player away...

Archived