Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ekill08x

Khalil Mack

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

I have us at 6-7 wins so that likely puts us in the 8-13 range like you said.  The OT class looks to have 3 first round prospects which is nice for us since LT is a major need.

Much rather draft a LT and go all in on Lawrence from DAL then trade multiple high end assets for Mack (as much as I'd love to have him.

Just by adding a stud LT and OG to our line and adding a rusher like Lawrence we could be serious playoff contenders assuming Darnold progresses.  We aren't that far off and with our cap space we should be playoff contenders next year.

Agreed. What we have to show this season is promise. So we can attract FA. This has been an issue for us. We have the cap space and make good offers but the player has no desire to come here bc there’s no optimism. Hopefully Darnold shows franchise QB potential to attract FAs and our defense looks legit outside of edge rusher to attract one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm all for a Khalil Mack trade, but knowing how much Macc values high draft picks I really doubt he'll mortgage future firsts for him. 

What I still see being the likeliest scenario is a trade for Dante Fowler. His career has not gone according to plan in Jacksonville. They have tremendous depth at the position (he's a backup and only path to a starting spot is injury), will be a FA this offseason (team option was declined), and has had some OTF issues to date, and was not a Tom Coughlin draft pick. The Jets are extremely thin at the position and it wasn't too long ago when Maccagnan had Fowler rated as his 3rd best player in the 2015 draft. He's taken fliers on troubled players before, so why wouldn't he take another on a guy like Fowler who would be the Jets top EDGE presence immediately?

This deal just seems destined to happen, but the question is whether the Jets will trade picks or Teddy Bridgewater for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

I'm all for a Khalil Mack trade, but knowing how much Macc values high draft picks I really doubt he'll mortgage future firsts for him. 

What I still see being the likeliest scenario is a trade for Dante Fowler. His career has not gone according to plan in Jacksonville. They have tremendous depth at the position (he's a backup and only path to a starting spot is injury), will be a FA this offseason (team option was declined), and has had some OTF issues to date, and was not a Tom Coughlin draft pick. The Jets are extremely thin at the position and it wasn't too long ago when Maccagnan had Fowler rated as his 3rd best player in the 2015 draft. He's taken fliers on troubled players before, so why wouldn't he take another on a guy like Fowler who would be the Jets top EDGE presence immediately?

This deal just seems destined to happen, but the question is whether the Jets will trade picks or Teddy Bridgewater for him. 

Really makes a ton of sense for us. Plus we’d get a 1yr trial with him to see if we want to extend him long term or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Id rather trade Teddy for O line help than Dante Fowler. Guy plays poorly on an elite defense and just got suspended for fighting with a teammate. Cant keep preaching culture and work ethic here and bring in dumbasses. Hard pass on Fowler. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2018 at 4:17 PM, ekill08x said:

Id rather trade Teddy for O line help than Dante Fowler. Guy plays poorly on an elite defense and just got suspended for fighting with a teammate. Cant keep preaching culture and work ethic here and bring in dumbasses. Hard pass on Fowler. 

Don't get me wrong I would too, but not sure there are many teams looking to trade offensive lineman with talent. The position is scarce league-wide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:25 AM, Bobby816 said:

Agreed. What we have to show this season is promise. So we can attract FA. This has been an issue for us. We have the cap space and make good offers but the player has no desire to come here bc there’s no optimism. Hopefully Darnold shows franchise QB potential to attract FAs and our defense looks legit outside of edge rusher to attract one.

Maybe I am wrong again, but I think the Jets have show more promise than in the past five years. The only thing that could pull us down is the Offensive line. Whether it is Bridgewater or Darnold, to start the season, either one will be under intense pressure all game long. Powell was hit every time he carried the ball against Washington in his own backfield. Our defensive will be OK this year, our offensive has good receivers now, plus we have good runners at running back, but the offensive line is our ACHILLES HEAL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×