Khalil Mack

ekill08x

I am done with this regime. Everybody has to go. We have our franchise QB now, but without smart people running this team Darnold will never develop properly. We make panic moves when we don't have to, trade players for pennies on the dollar, meanwhile the player we absolutely need is out there and we sit on the sidelines and watch him go elsewhere. Bleep that.

Let's go opponents. Let's go 0-3 and reboot this damn organization and bring in some people with a damn clue!

Trading 2 1st isn’t what we need. We are in a rebuild. How are we expected to make Darnold a franchise QB with no 1st rounders? Of course Mack is a great player, but that value is too high for my liking especially when you still have to pay him a record contract on top of that. If we don’t make a trade for a Edge by the time trade deadline has passed is when I’ll start saying we messed up. With guys like Fowler and Ray able to be traded for and not cost anything extreme is where I’ll point the finger at Macc. But this Mack price tag is just too much and is right to walk away from for a rebuilding franchise.

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

lol I said that a week ago on this page. I think it would be a good trade too.

Draft appt means nothing niw regardless my Lee to other teams. So while we see a failed 1st Rounder. Other teams just see a guy who has speed who needs work. Based on this trade Lee is valued close to a 1st Rounder. When he isn’t even close in the trade market. Leo or Adams and a 1st would have been the only way to get him.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Draft appt means nothing niw regardless my Lee to other teams. So while we see a failed 1st Rounder. Other teams just see a guy who has speed who needs work. Based on this trade Lee is valued close to a 1st Rounder. When he isn’t even close in the trade market. Leo or Adams and a 1st would have been the only way to get him.

Now that we lost Mack to the Bears, what to we do with that useless third round pick we got for giving away Bridgewater ??

16 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Now that we lost Mack to the Bears, what to we do with that useless third round pick we got for giving away Bridgewater ??

It’s not a useless pick at for starters. I’d love to see us flip for an edge in a trade. Can’t say I’m confident that will happen. But acquiringbdraft assets is never useless. For example we can use that 3rd Rounder to maybe jump back into the 2nd round this next draft. Just an idea 

46 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

...it’s not a useless 3rd, 3rd round picks are valuable and you can find good players in the 3rd quite often, we were never realistically getting Mack once his price was deemed 2 1st rounders and tbh with a team that’s steeped into a rebuild it’s not a smart idea giving up 2 potential early 1st round picks when you have so many holes else where

19 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

What did they give up? If it’s two first than Macc was right to past. If it’s a first plus a couple other picks, then I’ll be dissappointed.

Raiders wanted 2 1st round picks to start trade negotiation so many teams obviously waited for the price to drop. It could be Bears made the jump and dealt upon the original demand.  This situation should give Maccagnan a benefit of doubt.

Or Raiders could want top 2 immediate picks instead of a multiple picks or 2 back to back 1st round picks.  Maccagnan gets the break there.

In the back of my head, I don't think Maccagnan could have at least chance to land Mack. He isn't a keen of losing 1st round pick.

Is it optimistic enough for you guys?

Eagles:

2016: Drafted Carson Wentz.

2017: Super Bowl champ.

Bears:

2017: Drafted Mitchell Trubisky.

2018: Potential Super Bowl contender due to stronger run game and defense.

Jets:

2018: Drafted Sam Darnold.

2019: Number one in Cap Space.

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Is it optimistic enough for you guys?

Eagles:

2016: Drafted Carson Wentz.

2017: Super Bowl champ.

Bears:

2017: Drafted Mitchell Trubisky.

2018: Potential Super Bowl contender due to stronger run game and defense.

Jets:

2018: Drafted Sam Darnold.

2019: Number one in Cap Space.

Our big thing will be to show enough this season to attract FA. We’ve had money plenty of years, make big offers, yet the player chooses elsewhere bc we sent a desired franchise. Darnold hopefully changes that. Leo and Adams hopefully take leaps defensively to start attracting guys. I normally bash Bowles and Macc when I feel they’d eserve it. But it’s key we do respectably this season (similar to last year) so they keep their jobs. Bc having a new GM and HC makes it even harder to attract FAs.

Archived