Khalil Mack

ekill08x

26 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

In all fairness, with the exception of Coples, MO, Richardson and Williams were good players for us and good picks. when you look back at.

With hindsight, who you taking over those guys that fit the Edge mold, where available at the same spot and had a better run then Mo, Richardson or Williams?

1. Mo went 30th in 2011 - no edges drafted in 1st after him and the impact edge after him was 3rd rounder Justin Houston.  Hard to argue with the Mo pick as at the time we had an aging DL. 

2. Richardson went 13 in 2013 - only solid "edge type rusher" in the 1st round was Ansah and he went @ 5 overall.  The only player that fit that bill picked after Richardson was Werner and I am sure you would not make that switch.

3. Williams went 6 in 2015 - Fowler went 3 and I think we can agree Williams is a better (different) player overall.  Vic Beasley and Shane Ray were picked in the 1st after Leo. Can make a case for Beasley but he tailed off sharply last year after a great 2016 season.  

I will add I am 100% with you on Coples.  Bad pick.  Should have taken Chandler Jones.  Could have taken Hightower, Perry or Smith given Rex's love for D 1st rounders.  Decastro should have been considered over him as well. 

It’s a constant thing with this franchise that we are behind the trends. Offense wins games and we haven’t had a good offense since god knows when. Edge rushers are the thing now to get pressure on a whole bc so many teams pass 40 times a game. We haven’t had one since Abraham. Some names we could have had... Chandler Jones, Melvin Ingram, Dee Ford, Vic Beasley to name a few.

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It’s a constant thing with this franchise that we are behind the trends. Offense wins games and we haven’t had a good offense since god knows when. Edge rushers are the thing now to get pressure on a whole bc so many teams pass 40 times a game. We haven’t had one since Abraham. Some names we could have had... Chandler Jones, Melvin Ingram, Dee Ford, Vic Beasley to name a few.

2015 we had a top 10 ranked offense .... God just told me he knew when.  LOL

Agree 100% on the Jones or Ingram (missed him before) being picked instead of Coples.  We had a D minded coach who took us to back to back AFC championship games with a stellar D.  We fed the beast, Sanchez regressed and got hurt.  We took a shot in 2015 to catch lightening in a bottle - tried to repeat it in 16 and flopped and now have push rest which should have been done in 15.  I am very confident and positive in our future with this GM ... jury out on the HC for me though.

13 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I likeed John A. but some of you guys are forgetting Hugh Dougles. He was very good wearing Mark Gastineau jersey #99 and killing it, 

Hugh was a very good pass rusher but he was gone in 98. I remember reading or hearing that he and Parcells didn’t get along. Abraham was drafted in 2000

3 minutes ago, xrade said:

According to Schragger on NFL.com, the Jets were very aggressive in going after Mack. We may never know the offer, 

We'll never know. My guess is that we didn't want to throw in a second first round pick. So our deal was likely a first plus. The Bears gave them 2 first. Hard to beat that without crippling your draft stock for the next two years considering we already went all in trading up for QB. 

32 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Mack trade details

• Bears get: Khalil Mack, a 2020 second-round round pick and a conditional 2020 fifth-round pick.
  • Raiders get: 2019 first-round pick, 2020 first-round pick, 2020 third-round pick, 2019 sixth-round pick.

What the hell?

That actually isnt that bad ... other than the 2nd round is in 2020 

its a little better than having to have traded away 2 firsts isnt it?

35 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

That actually isnt that bad ... other than the 2nd round is in 2020 

its a little better than having to have traded away 2 firsts isnt it?

Yeah.. It is not a blown out trade by any means.  Jets could do the similar trade detail.

23 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Yeah.. It is not a blown out trade by any means.  Jets could do the similar trade detail.

Yea. Getting back that 2nd makes the trade look fine. So, had we done something like two first and a 2019 3rd and gotten Mack plus a 2019 2nd, we essentially would have Mack and a 2nd/3rd in each of the next two draft. But we wouldn't have a 1st in each of those drafts. I wouldn't have killed Macc had he done that deal. 

I didn't want the Jets to give more than 1st and two day 2 pick those. So, I can't complain. 

13 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

What's it going to take to get Fowler?  If Macc doesn't make a move I have given up all hope on him and cannot wait for him to get fired.  

I would take a guess as to say atleast 2 3rd rounders, Young talented Edge rusher coming off a good year is going to cost a good price

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:19 PM, JetsFan15 said:

2015 we had a top 10 ranked offense .... God just told me he knew when.  LOL

Agree 100% on the Jones or Ingram (missed him before) being picked instead of Coples.  We had a D minded coach who took us to back to back AFC championship games with a stellar D.  We fed the beast, Sanchez regressed and got hurt.  We took a shot in 2015 to catch lightening in a bottle - tried to repeat it in 16 and flopped and now have push rest which should have been done in 15.  I am very confident and positive in our future with this GM ... jury out on the HC for me though.

When Macc, brought in Decker & Marshall that was the biggest FA move in Jet history. Those two players combined for over 2500 yards in pass receptions in one year & 26 TD passes. That has to be Macc's best move since he has been here, if Darnold, turns out to be the QB we all thinks he will be that would top the Marshall, Decker pickup. But only time will tell. 

2 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

When Macc, brought in Decker & Marshall that was the biggest FA move in Jet history. Those two players combined for over 2500 yards in pass receptions in one year & 26 TD passes. That has to be Macc's best move since he has been here, if Darnold, turns out to be the QB we all thinks he will be that would top the Marshall, Decker pickup. But only time will tell. 

Macc did not sign Decker that was Idzik.  Marshall was a trade with Bears - only gave up a 5th rounder I believe.

Other non draft acquisitions by Macc that have or look to be good moves - Robbie Anderson UDFA, Tru and A. Williams should be top.  Beachum played well last year as well.

Archived