Khalil Mack

ekill08x

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

The more I think about it the more I think we should go after Mack and send a great offer to the raiders. You guys act like we hit on all these draft picks. There are a lot of bust picks out there. Mack is the best D player in the league. I would do this for a trade.

Trade Teddy for a 2nd 2019. He will get moved for a second round pick in the next few weeks or even more.

Mack

for

1st round 2019 and 2nd round 2019 (from Teddy trade) along with Lee.

That sounds fair to me, I like it, but what are the chances of that happening? Why is Mack so upset in Oakland?

Getting Mack quite frankly is so far fetched. Along the lines of us getting OBJ. It’s a waste of time to really think he’s an option. Attention should be drawn to guys like Fowler Jr and Ray. Hopefully we make a move and can buy low on 1 of them.

Yes trading Lee would not leave a hole because Minter and Williams can fill in. The money you pay Mack is no big deal because we have Darnold cheap for the next 4 years. Mack would just take the QB money. By the time Darnold gets his money Mack will be 32 and at the end of his career. I want a strong team for the next 5 years and all we need is OL which we can get in FA and 3rd round draft pick in 2019.

Next year just call Fowler and Lawrence to the facility and sign them both on day 1.  Just like that we could go from no pass rushers to a high upside duo.  We have more then enough money to do that.

Sign a Guard to replace Carp, sign Tevin Colmen and use the top 10 pick on a LT.

Now you have the rushers to go with the secondary.  You upgrade your OG spot and RB spot and draft a future LT.  Resign Beachum to a 1 year deal and let them battle in camp.

We'd still probably have a crazy amount of cap left after all that to do even more.  That seems like the better approach I think.

12 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Our edge position is dreadful so it should be no surprise we're being linked, however, I get the feeling Mehta is just playing connect the dots with this. He saw how much attention the long-rumored Fowler article got, so he ran out the Mack one. 

Bottom line: the Jets will add someone new to the position either by trade or FA. The other guys Jets fans should be looking at include Michael Johnson (CIN), John Simon (IND), Nate Orchard (CLE), Kyler Fackrell (GB), Shane Ray (DEN)... 

By the way, put your money on Kony Ealy finding his way back with us before the season starts. 

Cleveland is an interesting team to keep an eye on. They have excess where we need help and we have excess where they need help. 

They are deep at LB and apparently Collins is running with the second team. He played well at OLB in a 3-4 before. Also, it looks like Bitonio will be their starting LT with Harrison backing him up. That makes Greg Robinson expendable. 

They could use depth at TE behind Njoku and at CB/DL. 

There’s a player to player deal to be made here with draft pick one way or the other to even things out. 

Maybe Pennel (or McLendon), Walford (or Tomlinson) and a 5th for Collins and Robinson? 

4 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Not interested in giving up the assets it would take to acquire Mack. We need to focus on protecting and developing Darnold above all else.

Having a defense that can keep us in games and without needing for him to chase other teams in pass only situations also sorta helps that ... Mack for a first would be fine id thing the raiders would have to be insane to trade him tho 

53 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

Having a defense that can keep us in games and without needing for him to chase other teams in pass only situations also sorta helps that ... Mack for a first would be fine id thing the raiders would have to be insane to trade him tho 

The only thing that’s in our favor... is that most think we are an awful team. Thinkingbwe will be drafting in the top 5. I personally think we are better than that (especially if we added Mack). So our 1st is very appealing to other franchises.

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

The only thing that’s in our favor... is that most think we are an awful team. Thinkingbwe will be drafting in the top 5. I personally think we are better than that (especially if we added Mack). So our 1st is very appealing to other franchises.

This Mack thing is a long shot, sure I would love to get him, but lets be realistic, it ain't gonna happen. Our biggest concern now it protecting Darnold, how we do that before the season starts is another question. I know we are in dire need of getting a pass rusher, like Bobby316 said last week we can have a outstanding D backfield, but if you give the QB all day to pass they are going to complete passes all game long. With the roster we have now I see us winning eight games max this year. We have enough talent to keep us in most games. 

It’s going to take two 1s to get him. I think the Jets are smart to do their due diligence, but the only way I see them making that trade is if they’re exceeding expectations the first quarter of the season and feel he’s the missing piece. I don’t see that happening prior to week one. 

Again, the more likely scenario is we trade for Fowler. End of the day I think it will happen

36 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

It’s going to take two 1s to get him. I think the Jets are smart to do their due diligence, but the only way I see them making that trade is if they’re exceeding expectations the first quarter of the season and feel he’s the missing piece. I don’t see that happening prior to week one. 

Again, the more likely scenario is we trade for Fowler. End of the day I think it will happen

I agree with you about Mack. I feel Oakland has all the leverage (Mack would have to be really committed to walk away from almost 14m by sitting out). IMO a team would have to blow them away for them to trade him. Looking at it from their standpoint, two midround firsts might not even be enough

Fowler was my top player in the 2015 draft. I actually thought he would have a career similar to Mack. Getting him for Bridgewater would resolve two issues - our getting a pass rusher and clearing up the QB position for Darnold. I don’t think it happens, at least not for Teddy (unless Bortles or Kessler get hurt over the next couple of weeks).  We don’t have many draft picks to trade (I’d hate giving up our 3rd and not having any picks on day 2). Maybe Lee would be a better fit as a backup  for them. I’m not sure what depth they have at ILB after Jack and Smith.

Archived