Return of the GDT - 49ers vs Bovine ladies (pre season week 1)

Forge

Depth chart for preseason week 1

depth_chart_001.png

Jimmy G will start from what I understand, though I don't suspect he'll play more than a series. In week 1, there's really not much I look for. Even the depth chart is pretty whacked out. Just hoping for a good showing from some of the younger guys.I may be a little curious on Moore, given we have heard little to nothing about him during TC while he converts to corner. 

If we score on the first possession then that should be it for Jimmy G, but if it is a quick three and out, give the starters another possession.

Looking forward to seeing Reed/Pettis/Warner/Taylor/Williams/Moore/Bourne. 

And Terrell Williams has been making some plays in camp so lets see what he can do. Extremely tall FS. Oh yeah, also want to see if McFadden/Moseley have a chance to make the roster or not.

I'll be happy if most of the starters get only one series as long as they get 1 first down. Only a 3 and out would make me wish to see them twice. No injuries is my wish. The only exceptions are rookies. Let them get some experience. 

Two players I will be really interested in seeing are Jullian Taylor and Tyvis Powell. Both have shown up in a lot of camp reports and were not guys I expected to make the 53-man roster. Due to injury and their rookie status as a 7th round pick and UDFA, we should see quite a bit of both.

Pretty excited for quite a few of these names to see the field tonight. After last season it's clear never underestimate late round/undrafted depth because they may find themselves as key role players and starters sooner rather than later (Colbert, Brieda, Taylor, Bourne). 

I too am excited for Jullian Taylor, also DJ Reed has had me a little giddy since we drafted him. Dunbar/Burnbridge should be a fun battle to watch on offense and ST. The punter battle might be the most epic training camp story in decades-im camp locke. 

Watching a moment of NFLN, and realizing why I stopped bothering all these years. Even a former player (Nate Burleson) talking about wins and losses for preseason games? who the hell cares? Go 0-4 for all anyone should care, lol. It's all about assessing talent to fit your rosters, and seeing if the guys are getting more sharp. 

Looking around at some of the games going around, surprising how many teams have starters playing quite a bit. Andy Dalton 6/8 for over 100 yards against the Bears. Thats more than I expected in terms of work I thought he would put in. Tyrod threw 5 passes for Cleveland. Gio Bernard carried the ball 4 times. Nathan Peterman and McCarron have thrown 18 passes between them (I think one of them will be the starter to start the season over Allen), While Cam has thrown 9 passes and McCaffrey has 4 carries and 2 catches. Bortles and Fournette got a little work in, etc. 

Just a little surprised for week 1. 

Archived